1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Therapeutic Fasting - Jason Fung

Discussion in 'Fasting' started by notafanofsugar, Jun 21, 2016.

1. notafanofsugar

notafanofsugar Type 1 · Well-Known Member

If you haven't seen this, it's amazing - and how it is better than calorie counting!

I <3 Jason Fung! :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

Well I think I had a bit of a Eureka moment - in one of his graphs he shows glucose levels going up in a little spike, before they start reducing dramatically and thing really start changing. I've seen this happen with my levels when I've tried intermittent/irregular fasts (I just don't eat when I don't feel hungry - usually over 12-18 hour periods) over a week or so and taken it as a sign that my body wasn't too happy about what I was doing so stopped before I was actually reaching the beneficial stage, as I've mainly been concerned about keeping my glucose levels down. :wideyed::banghead: So next time I'll just keep on going, and see what happens. It's maybe a time when using a Freestyle sensor would be a useful tool.

Robbity

• Like Like x 2
  3. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Many thanks for that posting.. I hadn't seen it before. My hero.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. KevinPotts

KevinPotts Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good for you:)

My daily pattern now is dinner finishes at 7pm and I don't eat until 1-2pm the following day, so about 16-18 hours fasting daily and just two good meals and my BG are so stable. I'm never home nary with this pattern on a 25g LCHF.

The occasional nail big fast, just gives my BG that extra "ECT" jolting my system and pushing it a bit lower, by say 1-1.5 mmol.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  5. KevinPotts

KevinPotts Type 2 · Well-Known Member

He's on the latest www.DietDoctor.com with three other terrific presentations, a new one f I'm Aseem Malhotra which is superb.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  6. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

Low Carb Downunder have released another Dr Jason Fung lecture from the conference at Vail:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Canadian_cousin

Canadian_cousin Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I'm so glad you have started this thread! I too had major eureka moments reading Dr. F's new book. I'm just starting to try fasting and it is so much easier than dieting. I had major anxiety about trying it because I have deprivation issues from decades of dieting and eventually failing. His book help me understand why all diets fail, and my goal now is to work on my insulin resistance rather than worry about a fat ass!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

A recent interview between Dr Jason Fung and Ivor Cummins at Low Carb USA, San Diego:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

And Part 2 of the interview:

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Thanks @Indy51 I was just about to post the same thing..
    Regards
    M

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook