Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.4 this morning which delights me. Remember no more late snacking and I do this by making sure I brush my teeth after dinner so I would not be tempted to snack.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 18 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
6.7 - having come off the statins to see if they are causing me joint pain I am discovering that the blood glucose levels are also lower............. Will have to discuss this with my doctor as I do not know which is more important? Sugar levels or benefits of statin! (normal morning levels have been in the 8.0 region)
Simvastatin?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@ickihun & @srobertson06 -Atorvastatin (Lipitor) that's what I am on and taken it 16 years and I have no problems with it. But, a lot of people do get problems with the Simvastatin.

minidvr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Politics, Celebrity Life Styles being pushed as the ideal.
5.2 at 0600 hrs.

Reactions: 8 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun & @srobertson06 -Atorvastatin (Lipitor) that's what I am on and taken it 16 years and I have no problems with it. But, a lot of people do get problems with the Simvastatin.
Hubby stopped simvastatin due to joint paints, frozen shoulder. Now he's on atora suet pudding mix..... ha ha I mean atorvastatin. :)

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
12 last Fri. Not been told to test so won't know for another three months.
How do you know what your levels are, or what foods spike you?

Even when the doc takes me off prescription strips, I will buy my own as I feel its a way of knowing where I stand (good or bad)

Reactions: 2 people

Chris Thailand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. 5.2 again.
I seem to have left the 4s behind but have introduced some bread and some rice back into my diet so quite happy with my levels

Reactions: 12 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finally .... 5.7 :) back in the 5s post coming off meds and getting rid of work stress - let's hope I can stay there ;)

Reactions: 13 people
Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Paul,

Thank you for responding!! I hope you are right and it is all down to puberty. My concern is her weight which is about 27kgs does not match to the average safe dosage ( about 9 units).....As you mentioned, I am hoping to hear from another parent or self who can share their personal experience ...I will look up in the parents forum..thank you so much for your support!!!

Reactions: 2 people