the big C word

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
i just want to let all the people that may know me, or like me , or even not like me know..........

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer yesterday.

The doctor said it was tiny and only in 1 side of the prostate.

i was pretty numb yesterday being told, but living with D for 43 years has allowed me to put this in my box of illnesses and I am back in the zone today.

if my name were argentina .......and not himtoo ( or even paul ) i would say don't cry for me
life carries on and I will knock this for a 6 :)

Reactions: Pasha

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Right attitude, @himtoo, paul.
You are allowed to be a little bit peeved, or scared too. But just for a moment or two.
Keep on keeping on, and know you are wished well.

Reactions: 6 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Himtoo,the treatment for prostrate "C" is very good nowadays..sending you very large ( HUG) and wishing you good outcome, keep us posted,clive

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Crikey mate, hope this works out ok.

As I've mentioned before, I work in R+D in the field of radiotherapy and can confirm what Clive has stated above, that recovery rates are very high these days. Stay positive.

Reactions: 4 people

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I gave you a hug but so wished I could give you a winner too so saying it here - keep that fighting spirit and get the b****r ! Wishing you all the very best x

Reactions: 8 people

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@himtoo sending a massive, massive hug - what a shock - it sounds like you've got a terrific attitude towards your diagnosis, and you just go ahead and knock it for that six you mentioned.

Do take care - and remember you have so many friends here and will always be able to find someone to talk to.

Onwards!

Love Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
i just want to let all the people that may know me, or like me , or even not like me know..........

i was pretty numb yesterday being told, but living with D for 43 years has allowed me to put this in my box of illnesses and I am back in the zone today.

if my name were argentina .......and not himtoo ( or even paul ) i would say don't cry for me

Wishing you all the very best for a healthy and a positive outcome. Sending a virtual ((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))) to you. You are strong person and I know you will get through it x
Take care.

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Keep up with that positive attitude. We will all be behind you.
It sounds very like it has been caught early, which can only be a good thing.
Sending you best wishes for a good outcome and a virtual hug.

Reactions: 7 people

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

This is news nobody wants to get. The prognosis is reasonably positive for this C, especially as you caught it early. My son has just completed his chemo for testicular C, after an op to remove it, and he is missing having his beard. I wish you well for the coming weeks. The chemo is apparently becoming less invasive nowadays, and my son breezed through it without too much upset.

Good Luck, and Good Oncologists too. And good hospital support for the diabetes too.

Last edited by a moderator:

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.

So sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but so pleased you are looking positively to the future.

My best wishes to you as you take the fight to the C.

Remember, you have cancer, but cancer does not have you!!

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry for this. Always comes a s a shock, but it sounds like your head is most definitely in the right place.
Have they said what your treatment will be, or is there further testing to come?

So glad you/they caught it early, because that will make a massive difference! You know we are all here for you.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Sorry for this. Always comes a s a shock, but it sounds like your head is most definitely in the right place.
Have they said what your treatment will be, or is there further testing to come?

So glad you/they caught it early, because that will make a massive difference! You know we are all here for you.
Hi Brun !!:)
i will get an appt for an MRI scan (they said about 2 or 3 weeks ) and then a follow up ( 1 week later )with doc to discuss results and look at options.

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm so sorry to hear this....so wish I could give you a real hug. Please try to stay positive...we are all here for you

Reactions: 3 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dear Himtoo. Wishing you all the best on recovery journey. Stay as positive and brave as you are now and I'm sure you will beat it. We are all here for you if you have a bad day and need a bit of support :)

Reactions: 2 people

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Sorry to hear your news himtoo, try stay possative (easier said than done I know) but as been said the treatment and recovery are good now

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Been there (not prostate obviously!) and am now two years down the line. Mine was advanced with spread to the lymph nodes - but the treatment does what it says on the tin, and blasts the bu**er into the stratosphere. The best advice I can give is keep your head down and power into it - trust them to do the job that they are experts in. Ask questions and be kind to yourself. For a short while, this will rule your life, but it's temporary. All will be well xx

PS. Drop the C to a c. It's just another illness, and you're getting it sorted. X

Last edited by a moderator:

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry to hear your news. Your positive attitude is the best way to deal with this new diagnosis. Well done for bouncing back after only a day. That shows you are strong, so carry on that way and you'll win this fight!

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Been there too @himtoo with Breast Cancer last year. Sounds hopefully like an early diagnosis and they do have strict (ish) guidelines to follow.. Make sure you look at the guidelines on the NICE website and see what your local CCG has for policies..

You can beat it.. There is good care available nowadays...