1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

the big C word

Discussion in 'Other Health Conditions and Diabetes' started by himtoo, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Nidge247

Nidge247 LADA · Well-Known Member

That's the spirit @himtoo !

If I looked back and analysed all the conditions I'd worked through in my life, I'd probably have half the alphabet!

My C was 29 years ago, I had three lots of pretty invasive surgery, but hey- I'm here to tell the tale and like you have simply put it in my 'box' of been there done that, move along now

Keep chipper, and if you feel down, come on here and have a rant - we're all here to help carry the load

• Like Like x 3
  2. Sid Bonkers

Sid Bonkers Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Only just seen this thread and wanted to say that I hope everything goes well and that you make a swift and complete recovery from whichever treatment you decide is right for you.

A positive mental attitude has to be the best approach and you sound as if you have that covered, all the best.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

hi all
    Thought I would pop an update on this thread
    I have been back to hospital twice since the last time I posted on this thread

in may 2017 my PSA score was 4.8 and I was given another appointment for september 2017 ( my PSA had dropped slightly to 4.1 ) -- my next blood test is due for around christmas and my next follow up appointment at hospital is early january.

no symptoms and feeling positive.

thanks for reading.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  4. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

I have no idea what those PSA levels mean, but as you are symptomless and feeling positive, then that sounds excellent to me. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Glad for the update and the fact you're reporting it as OK, long may it continue.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

Good news and most uplifting, long may it continue. Best wishes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Survivor53

Survivor53 Type 2 · Member

I was diagnosed late 2013, similar to yourself, luckily it hadn't spread from outside the prostrate so I had the whole thing removed in April 2014, I didn't need any treatment after the surgery, having Da Vinci Robotic to cut it out. I was home walking around in 2 days and never been better, but my surgery have been first class and tell me they will provide me with 6 monthly PSA checks for life, of which I am eternally grateful. I've had more pain with a bad tooth so stay focused and be positive, the right frame of mind is important and you can do this. Good luck and stay in touch mate...And I'm still type 2, lol...

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Snapsy

Snapsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Awwwww @himtoo , what a terrific update, thanks for sharing!

Love Snapsy xxx
    :happy:

• Like Like x 2
  9. lindijanice

lindijanice Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Will be thinking about you @himtoo. Am a cancer survivor (3x) as well and that is the key to your identity with this - a survivor!! It is amazing how one's attitude affects the results of treatment and I would say that you are already on the upswing! Blessings/L

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

11. Brunneria

Staff Member

there is plenty of info out there.
    I eat plenty of strong tasting good quality cheese (Jalsberg is a fave) and supplements made from natto.

12. Brunneria

Staff Member

If you google something like ‘dietary sources of K2’ you will find plenty of information, including quite a lot about natto. Or you could simply google natto.

13. Pinkorchid

Pinkorchid Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that but hopefully treatment gets better all the time

14. letstalk1

letstalk1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this.

15. donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs Type 1 · Master

@himtoo... know you put this post on a while back.

Please look at pomi-t capsules and google Prof Robert Thomas as he has done studies on this capsule and it is researched and is not guess work.

I have this and with a teaspoon of turmeric in two teas each day with black pepper. I am absolutely positive that for me-this stopped cancer progressing further in my 2nd boob. Absolutely positive about it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook