Type 2 Life

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Good morning all. Hope you are well and enjoying your weekend.

NO! I'm working late shift this weekend, so not enjoying it! Plus the weather is really awful, gales Friday to Sat, rain and it was 13c with wind chill yesterday. So maybe I'm better off at work!
BUT I'm off work for the next 3 days, so if you could spare a bit of warm sun to send up north I'd be a very happy bunny :)

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
Trying something new today, a meal replacement shake (to replace breakfast and lunch) ... made up the shake, took breakfast meds then left most of the shake and just had that for lunch. Will that make me feel fed for the rest of the day?

200 calories .... 28 carbs

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hi @berylc was just thinking about you this morning, wondering where you were and - here you are! I read your new thread so know that your injuries are still hurting, I hope that changes very soon and that you will be pain free again x

@magsiesss I looked at meal replacement shakes at one point when I wanted to lose weight but the ones I looked at were all horrifically high carb. Which ones did you get?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Weather here is hot and sunny. Have bought one of those step counting bracelet thingies. Went for a walk with Judith yesterday on Terversal Trails the start of which is less than a mile from my front door and today Brierley Park and that is even closer. Managed 2500 steps yesterday and 2408 today all be it very slowly and having to stop every so often luckily there are benches along the way so was able to rest often.

http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/p...and-green-spaces/green-spaces/teversal-trails

D

debrasue

Hellooooo, @ickihun and @13lizanne !
I'm still here and posting from time to time, but I think part of the reason this thread isn't seeing as much traffic as previously is due to the number of other threads which are now up and running.
There is a limit to the amount of time any of us can spend online - we all have to sleep some time! lol - and I know that if I get hooked into a game of 'ping-pong-posting' on, say, the "What are you doing right now?" thread, (and I am very easily hooked!) time runs away with me and I forget to look at the other threads.

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Weather here is hot and sunny. Have bought one of those step counting bracelet thingies. Went for a walk with Judith yesterday on Terversal Trails the start of which is less than a mile from my front door and today Brierley Park and that is even closer. Managed 2500 steps yesterday and 2408 today all be it very slowly and having to stop every so often luckily there are benches along the way so was able to rest often.

http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/p...and-green-spaces/green-spaces/teversal-trails
Nice one John I got mine free with my special k cereal bars used mine to track my steps at work supposed to be on lite duties but doing average 8,000 steps 6.5km .
Sometimes take the dog around breiley park nice walk did you take the track down to woodend ?

Sent from my HTC Desire 820 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Just had a lovely oxtongue salad for dinner...yummy: just a few berries to finish

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 4 people

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
@magsiesss I looked at meal replacement shakes at one point when I wanted to lose weight but the ones I looked at were all horrifically high carb. Which ones did you get?

I got the Boots own make ones, a couple from Superdrug and the raspberry ones from Tesco!

I know they are in theory quite high in carbs, but they are 200 calories per meal(s) and about 26g carbs - which is not a lot when you think it was breakfast and lunch. I also saw a report from diabetes.co.uk about the carbs - apparently, they are slow release of some sort so are not detrimental to BS - so I decided to go for it.

And no - they did not fill me up all afternoon, but as I was out and about at RSPB Strumpshaw, there was not a lot I could do about eating anything. However, picked up a Chinese mean on our way home and actually left most of it (chicken omelette) because I felt absolutely stuffed.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diet/meal-replacement-diet-plans.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@debrasue - Sorry, but I am inclined to disagree. :) But, then I have my own reasons for not coming on.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Nice one John I got mine free with my special k cereal bars used mine to track my steps at work supposed to be on lite duties but doing average 8,000 steps 6.5km .
Sometimes take the dog around breiley park nice walk did you take the track down to woodend ?

Hi Ron no didn't go down that way we went up to Hardwick view as the top end way into the park is about 500 yards from my house. There are benches picnic tables and a view across to Hardwick Hall.. I think to make it down to the lower area I would have to take my mobility scooter in order to get back.:)

Err you did mean down towards the visitor centre area didn't you?

Last edited by a moderator:

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Hi Ron no didn't go down that way we went up to Hardwick view as the top end way into the park is about 500 yards from my house. There are benches picnic tables and a view across to Hardwick Hall.. I think to make it down to the lower area I would have to take my mobility scooter in order to get back.:)

Err you did mean down towards the visitor centre area didn't you?
No John down the old rail track to the wooden inn nice stop of for a bite to eat for the return walk

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Quiet day, been busy in the house. FBG 6.9 mmol/l :)

Reactions: 7 people

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
This not being at work is hard work! I had TOIL to take and today's one of the days. As I've still two more days to go before finishing until September, I decided to tackle some of the jobs on the vague "To Do sometime in the next four weeks" list. The hedge... the weeds.... on the grounds they are the jobs highest on the "Japes' least favourite jobs EVER" list. Also, I didn't want to get into holiday mode before I'd actually finished for the year...

On the plus side, I'm using up so much energy going up and down the step ladder (the pedometer, it lies to me about calories used in this activity. but it tells me I've done 1258 steps doing this) I've come in for some Ryvita and butter to keep me going until lunch time.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
hi all , hope you have had a great weekend. Ron is back to work today.xxx

Reactions: 2 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So my Mum told me this morning my Dad was having tests as he had been feeling really tired .... you know where this is going? Apparently he is on the threshold. Guess I'll be spreading the gospel accordingly to LCHF in my family. He is just as trim as myself so hoping he can maybe manage it that way - I feel so sad for him though, he is 74.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Afternoon, my good, lovely friends on the www.diabetes.co.uk Type 2 Life Forum,

I'm back at Tate South Lambeth Public Library to log on and update you all with some news of my life and my diabetic condition.

After taking my Lixisenatide Glucagon-Like Peptide injection and all my prescribed oral medications and after eating separately 2 hash browns in 2 slices of Kingsmill white bread twice and 1 can of Tuna Chunks in Sunflower Oil and several mugs of coffee and approximately 14-15 measuring cups of tap water as well as smoking approximately 23-24 Old Holborn Tobacco roll-ups my blood glucose reading was 4.9 Millimoles Per Litre. From my GP I requested some more True You blood glucose meter testing strips and a duo pack of Lixisenatide Glucagon-Like Peptide Pre-Filled Pens. My best friend Lee has been keeping me company. I'm seeing my Domestic Carer called Sharon tomorrow.

Have a lovely day.

Reactions: 8 people