Diabetes Burnout.

MikePea

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Garlic
Thank you RRB. You made me feel so much better.I am not sure that it was because others have it so much worse. What do I have to complain about. I can only offer my sympathy to all those long term sufferers.

Reactions: 2 people

Nuck

My Dad gave up in the end. He basically stopped taking the insulin. He was admitted to hospital when he was sick on holiday at my brothers. His heart rate slowed and sugar level rocketed. He was released and told if he was sick to go to A&E. The day after he drove home and was sick over night. He was dead by the morning. He phoned me and the whole family from the hospital at my brothers for a chat (never did this ever before). He was very quite, reflective and fed up with pain. He was 69 but in his head 39. I felt very sorry but also relieved for him (after the anger had passed).

Last edited by a moderator:

v4victory

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think this describes me right now. Burnout. It helps to put a name to it.

November123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Trying as i might, a dafydd course takes a year to be seen.
Saw a diabetic nurse today and maybe a half unit novorapid pen wld reduce my hypos. The hospital has referred me back to my gp. The gp has referred me back to the hospital
This is care in wales and nhs. Diabolical diabetes and not fit for anyone.

Reactions: 5 people

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
i am very very depressed, often cry, my consultant who I never see should be sacked. I want a pump more than anyone afer 50yrs type 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i am very very depressed, often cry, my consultant who I never see should be sacked. I want a pump more than anyone afer 50yrs type 1.

Sorry to hear you are feeling so depressed @richyb . I hope you have support for the depression from your GP?

If you are unhappy with your hospital care you can ask for a referral to an alternative clinic. Is that something you might try. Have you told your consultant how much you are struggling? You might want to consider putting it in writing to them.

If you are keen for a pump, I would recommend getting in touch with INPUT diabetes - I'm sure they will be able to offer some advice.

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Please don't think that, we are here for you. I know how tough it can be ( just lately though, with some very bad times and thoughts)
If you ever want to have a chat or moan, there are plenty on here who will support, help and advise you, or just to give you a virtual hug, to show that hey do care.
If you ever want to pm me, please do.
I wish you all the colours of the rainbow......................except blue, take care.

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
many thanks all my comments at the time were a little harsh I have now edited it. was feeling very bad when I wrote it and was not aware anyone would read it.
Sorry not after sympathy we all have our troubles. I usually just get on with it. I was offered councilling by my DSN last time 2 weeks ago. But said prefered to sort it myself. I was advised to put my sugars up between 10 and 14 and not to go low. Though this will be bad for my slightly heomoraged eyes again in my central region. This is why think i should have a pump. My consultant does'nt even want to see me, he should be sacked.

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi @richyb

Did you try getting in touch with the people at INPUT?

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tidying up around garage today and I've just discovered an very old FBG blood test with a 103mg/dl reading, that came from me in 2010. Or 4 years before I was officially diagnosed as T2DM.

T2DM the disease that keeps on giving! LOL. I just have to let it go.

Upsadaisy60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
This is the first day of new latest new leaf. I saw my physician yesterday and got my worst A1C report ever. I've been on insulin for at least 8 or 9 years and have been overweight most of my adult years. I am just sick of testing, too, and don't do it enough to make the insulin adaptations that could help me. I also go into a vicious cycle of eating what I shouldn't be eating which makes me want sweets even more. However, I feel renewed after joining here and I plan, yet again, to do what I need to do if I want to live a full life.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
hello all im kirin im type 1 diabetes can any one tell me or guide me that diabetes have a cure ..?

Hello Kirin and welcome to the forum ;)

Type 1 cannot be cured, however if you manage your condition well and test regularly and take your insulin there is no reason why you shouldn't have a healthy long life. It really is a case of becoming an expert and knowing how to make changes and manage yourself so that you avoid the highs and lows of managing your condition. If you have any questions then look through the forum and ask questions, we are all here to help each other.

FolkyRose1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people looking down at me as if wondering why l am in a wheel chair (I am in a high risk of falling
I think this is exactly where I am at the moment, nothing seems to work...my dipstix always show a high reading and I really don't care any more - the other night, the exact words I used, were " oh well, if it kills me, it kills me". I haven't been diagnosed for long - only since last November, but I've had enough :cry:
I know how you feel. I was diagnosed with type 2 some years ago. Different medics have different opinions. Since moving to Spain it's worse ask can't speak the language. I have met a wonderful woman who acts as my translator. But no matter what l eat my sugars are always 10+. I am in a wheelchair and l often think those same words you do.

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

Steveieboy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi there I am new to this but need to see if there was somewhere out there were people with this condition who feel the same as me. I have had this condition, I hate the name so I do not write it or say it, as to say it, I think, gives it power and I do not want it to have any over me. I have had the condition for 33 years and have had a pump for 12, I constantly struggle with the narrow minded view of the consultants as all they seem to want is my HbN1c to be within at tight and narrow frame. I find it impossible to control this with everyday life. If they were to give me the tools to control all the other stresses in life then maybe and only maybe I would be able to keep my bloods to within these tight margins. I am more than a number I am a person and should be treated like one. I am constantly reminded that if my bloods are not controlled than I have possible problems in later life, do they think I do not know this, I live with this every second of every day. Does anyone out there feel to same???

Reactions: Angelofthemarches
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi there I am new to this but need to see if there was somewhere out there were people with this condition who feel the same as me. I have had this condition, I hate the name so I do not write it or say it, as to say it, I think, gives it power and I do not want it to have any over me. I have had the condition for 33 years and have had a pump for 12, I constantly struggle with the narrow minded view of the consultants as all they seem to want is my HbN1c to be within at tight and narrow frame. I find it impossible to control this with everyday life. If they were to give me the tools to control all the other stresses in life then maybe and only maybe I would be able to keep my bloods to within these tight margins. I am more than a number I am a person and should be treated like one. I am constantly reminded that if my bloods are not controlled than I have possible problems in later life, do they think I do not know this, I live with this every second of every day. Does anyone out there feel to same???

It can be hard @Steveieboy , I am not on a pump, on MDI and diagnosed 27 years ago. Stress is a major issue, trying to get things right. Even going out for a long walk, less Insulin, walking back within a walking group and no one said it would be a shorter route home, so I took less Insulin for lunch and of course it went up into double figures, so stressed about that, it's a vicious circle. Illness, worry, shock, operations can send BS soaring and difficult to get down, with pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, other womanly monthly problems. What we eat, drink injecting or pumping the right amount of Insulin, decade after decade after decade, can take it's toll.
But with support and friendly advice from some lovely members on here, is a big help. Have you had a look at the Burnout information ? I have noticed it can be the younger ones that can suffer, the teenagers, feeling 'different' from their peers and like most of us at some time, we, what ever our age, just want to feel 'normal' like other people who don't have this condition.
We are all individuals with different needs and we are not, as you said, a number !!