Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning all

Looks like another beeuuooooootiful day down here again.

The chips with last night's scampi might have been a mistake though as fbg has sneaked up to 5.2

Can't really grumble at that though :cool:

Reactions: 8 people

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all,

8.6 today. Have a food shop coming Wednesday with lots of low carb options, until then, I am trying to make the best choices I can, trying to avoid the pork pies!

I hope you all have a nice day today.

Reactions: 21 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
25/7/16 - Morning.

5.6 - :)

Reactions: 11 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning everyone, 6.7 today

Reactions: 14 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I haven't tried this yet.
There was one time attempt to do it and my BG level went through the roof, so I got scared and cancelled it.
Now I am reducing the amount of food with decent amount of exercise for the rest of the week, and hoping to see improvement.
The thing is that, using insulin, I gained weight :/ And I do not lose visceral fat as I am hoping to happen.

What is your fasting experience?
I am very new to Diabetes and doing my best trying different things to achieve stabilized BGL.
Thank you for responding to this.

XXXX
I do low carb high fat with fasting. I test my blood sugars before i eat, then one hour after the 1st mouthfull of food, then 2 hours and then carry on every hour to check what my bgl are doing, if they are higher than i like i will run (jiggle) up and down the sitting room for 20 minutes or run up and down the stairs and do warm ups. I may also go for a walk. If you are on insulin not sure if you can fast, if you do regularly check you bgl. If it goes below a certain level (i wont let them go below 3.1) then eat something. I am still experimenting myself but as i am not on insulin anymore i wouldnt be able to advice you about how the two mix... maybe a type1 would be more suited to advice you!

Reactions: 7 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 after splurging on a giant waffle with Nutella sauce, cream and ice cream. It was really good but in hindsight not worth it....x

----------
Borderline T2, serial yo-yo dieter but firmly sticking to LCHF with IF

Maybe see how long it takes you to come back down? I had fish and chips yesterday - a tradition of ours post beach for years - my numbers aren't so awful today that I'm thinking once in a while you have to treat yourself to stay sane??

Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe see how long it takes you to come back down? I had fish and chips yesterday - a tradition of ours post beach for years - my numbers aren't so awful today that I'm thinking once in a while you have to treat yourself to stay sane??

I can take weeks to go down! Fasting today til dinner then another 24hr fast before I indulge in some fish on the beach visit too! Not bothered about chips though so that should help!

----------

Reactions: 12 people

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not having chocolate, it's a darn disaster!
@ainiabdul I just saw your other thread about "Lantus dose". Are you very new to taking it? Keep a food diary with carb count (have you had help with that?) and take it with you when you next see your doctor/nurse. It isn't unusual to begin on a small dose and then your team will increase it until you have good control.

Will see my doc in few days..
I have only been put on insulin for 4 weeks now..
I will bring my bgl records to my doctor and consult..
Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 11 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 on my normal acc chek mobile and 7.3 on code free. Still concerned about this degree of variance

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

You've given me hope!!! If my code free is that much put, then I must be doing ok!!!

----------

Reactions: 4 people

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
It seems like my blood glucose readings are dropping slowly even though I have not changed foods - guessing this might be a positive reaction to staying with the LCHF way of eating - I feel so pleased to be dropping into the 5's - it felt for a while that I was never going to get this level of reading.
I believe I must be a slow learner many of you have achieved such positive results in much shorter a time frame but it does feel amazing.
Without this forum and website I would never have discovered support and knowledge that you all share so freely, long may it continue.

Reactions: 9 people

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
4.4 @07:00

I think the differing measures are a nuisance, but still useful as the variance in the readings on the device being used will still be a good guide for monitoring progress. I wear a Fitbit and a Microsoft Band 2, and both similarly provide different results, but I can see my progression from both.

January 2015 HbA1c 134, 98 kg
March 2015 HbA1c 59 (2 x 500g Metformin), exercise and diet
Dec 2015 HbA1c 41 (2 x 500g Metformin), exercise and diet, 92 kg
March 2016 HbA1c 42 (1 x 500g Metformin), exercise and diet, 92 kg
June 2016 HbA1c 42 (1 x 500g Metformin), exercise and diet, 92 kg

Reactions: 4 people

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not having chocolate, it's a darn disaster!
5.2 at 5:15 am, now big gulp of water and getting ready for a morning walk..

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 12 people

PosyPip

Type of diabetes
Type 2
You've given me hope!!! If my code free is that much put, then I must be doing ok!!!

----------

It's not that much out always, but regularly 1.5 mmol. As mentioned before, I'm monitoring the codefree against the accu chek mobile and will see whether I feel it is too far out and inconsistent to use as my fbs baseline. I had a reading of 16 this evening and the same testing site was 8.0 on codefree.

Reactions: 2 people