Fatigue

davecatt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi can I get some advice please?
45 mins after lunch and I need a sleep!
This happens nearly every day and I'm assuming it's diet related?
Yoghurt and a few nuts for breakfast, a handful of nuts as a snack and lunch was salad leaves, cottage cheese,butter beans, tomato and that's all. Must admit I've not done my bloods today ( only just started so I'm still trying to get into the rhythm)
My readings over the weekend have been great no higher than 7.2 after meals (2hrs) and around the 5.2 mark before.

So what am I doing wrong, getting confused with this now

Davec2802

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was just about to do a topic on this. Im also starting to get tired quicker. I work in a busy kitchen and sometimes can be very stressful. I don't want to give up my job but its getting both physical and mentally hard.

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I feel much the same.but it could be my age 75

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yoghurt and a few nuts for breakfast, a handful of nuts as a snack and lunch was salad leaves, cottage cheese,butter beans, tomato and that's all. Must admit I've not done my bloods today ( only just started so I'm still trying to get into the rhythm)
My readings over the weekend have been great no higher than 7.2 after meals (2hrs) and around the 5.2 mark before.

Hi, I'm answering without much knowledge of your personal information.
You have a vitamin deficiency, that could be why, you are fatigued.
You are either prediabetic or diabetic, tiredness and fatigue is a symptom tbat would usually be associated with high blood glucose levels.
You have only started testing and your results are pretty good for a newbie diabetic.
Fatigue could be something not related to diabetes, only tests can find that out!
Are you having sleep deprivation?
Do you have other meds?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm fishing in the dark!
Then again, it could be none of the above!

davecatt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I'm answering without much knowledge of your personal information.
You have a vitamin deficiency, that could be why, you are fatigued.
You are either prediabetic or diabetic, tiredness and fatigue is a symptom tbat would usually be associated with high blood glucose levels.
You have only started testing and your results are pretty good for a newbie diabetic.
Fatigue could be something not related to diabetes, only tests can find that out!
Are you having sleep deprivation?
Do you have other meds?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm fishing in the dark!
Then again, it could be none of the above!

Sorry for the late reply,

I'm T2 and have a Vitamin D deficiency, taking meds for that; I've only just started testing in the last week as I was only diagnosed mid July, and I'm now following a low carb diet. no probs with sleep ( apart from getting up 2 or 3 times a night) and no other meds.

I've been feeling like this for a good 18 months and this is what pushed me into getting checked for Diabetes, so I assumed that the fatigue was part of the condition?

I'm only controlling this by diet and my Hb1Ac came back at 51.

Dave

Cat0409_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Getting up 2- 3 times a night is a sire sign of high blood sugars normally.
Therefore your tiredness could actually be because of your toilet stops and lack of complete sleep recovery.
If you snore during your sleep this will also add to your sleep deprivation.
I have had good results from low carving and ensuring I breathe through my nose during the day to help my breathing at night. My partner actually says I do not snore as much or as loudly anymore.
Check out www.breatheAbility.com ( I think that's it).
I know we discussed sleep on another thread as at the time I was reading about sleep apneoa

Reactions: 2 people

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was very tired before my diagnosis of diabetes but once I got my BGS down I felt much better ,and after I started taking Magnesium I had lots more energy . Maybe you can get your magnesium levels tested
CAROL

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Could be lots of things , I still get it on occasion despite no longer being in the diabetic range, I have not got my carb book on me but butter beans are carb high I think ,which usually give me the sleepies, my be worth checking and the toms are also dodgy for some...

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Butter beans are high in carbs and could be the reason - if I do eat carbs I now almost always feel really tired and if home will actually sleep after a meal with carbs in that are above my tolerance level - hope that helps.
As for getting up in the night - mine all stopped once I had got the sugar levels down - perhaps have a look at what you are drinking of an evening - either too much or possibly the wrong type of drink???? Just some thoughts.

davecatt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, didn't realise about the butter beans ( should have read the label!!) but didn't have them yesterday and still felt the same around 14:30 ( 90 mins after food) Feta cheese salad only a small amount of cheese as well.. I'm not drinking loads in the evening, and things have settled down as I've got the blood sugar under control.
I'm in to see the nurse pm today so I'll ask when I'm there.

lindisfel

Expert
Getting up 2- 3 times a night is a sire sign of high blood sugars normally.
Therefore your tiredness could actually be because of your toilet stops and lack of complete sleep recovery.
If you snore during your sleep this will also add to your sleep deprivation.
I have had good results from low carving and ensuring I breathe through my nose during the day to help my breathing at night. My partner actually says I do not snore as much or as loudly anymore.
Check out www.breatheAbility.com ( I think that's it).
I know we discussed sleep on another thread as at the time I was reading about sleep apneoa
Hi,
Dave could be male and he may have prostate problems that can cause one to get up in the night as do certain adrenal problems.
Derek

goose64

Do you have a partner and if so do they complain about snoring? I have sleep apnoea and falling asleep really easily is one of the symptoms