Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

PMAJ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Broccoli
Have you tried the low carb diet? Have you tried changing dinner time and the time you take meds at night? Might be the med is running out, is your dinner too high carb? Nhs nice guidelines dont always help infact they can make it worse, try juggling things round a bit until you find what is right for you.
Will look at the low carb diet, though I can't see what other carbs I can cut out. I'm up for anything to get the levels down. Why isn't there a simple action? o_O Paul.

Reactions: 2 people

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not having chocolate, it's a darn disaster!
6.2, that'll be the Oppo Factor

I was curious on the Oppo and checked it on google. Gosh it looks pretty **** amazing! Too bad it is not available where I am now :)

Or else there will most likely another person mentioning Oppo ice cream factor too!

Reactions: 4 people

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
This virus is a monster. Got out of bed today but feel very grim, drinking lots but not so keen on food.

Monday fbg 7.5

Today fbg 8.6

no logic there as I ate less yesterday

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 7.2 only one insulin inj yesterday and delayed metformin due to chemist booby.
Looking forward to tomorrow's fbg.
In excellent mental focus and alot happier. Long may it continue! :)
6s and 5s are my new aim on low insulin or no insulin. ;-)

Reactions: 8 people

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
Oh even lemon we're not allowed :( didn't cross my mind.
What about lime? Same thing? They're the citrus family aren't they? Oh, I love lime or lemon in my soda water!

I hope you get well soon..
Feeling ill sucks big time :(

Can you easily find turmeric where you live?
It eases stomach cramp for me all the time..
Lovely!

Big bear hugs to you.
I think the citrus works but we can't use the honey. I made hot lemon and used stevia to just sweeten it a tad

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was curious on the Oppo and checked it on google. Gosh it looks pretty **** amazing! Too bad it is not available where I am now :)

Or else there will most likely another person mentioning Oppo ice cream factor too!

Yep Oppo is really good stuff. Salted Caramel my favourite :)

Reactions: 6 people

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
4.9 @ 07:10 (took no Metformin yesterday. I am going to monitor this over the next week or so, as I had already reduced Metformin to 250 g over the last week. I am aiming to be off medication by Christmas or before if my body will let me)

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This virus is a monster. Got out of bed today but feel very grim, drinking lots but not so keen on food.

Monday fbg 7.5

Today fbg 8.6

no logic there as I ate less yesterday
Mine went up with sickness, dont give up you are doing so well... i really am enjoying watching your fbgl coming down... also your pic reminds me of whoppie goldberg!!! (If i have the name right) or is that just me?

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Will look at the low carb diet, though I can't see what other carbs I can cut out. I'm up for anything to get the levels down. Why isn't there a simple action? o_O Paul.
Had to cut them all out! My fbg was at 16 when i started in feb/march. I have had to cut more and more out, experimented... it was depressing at first, like salad depends what is IN the salad or on it! I couldnt tolerate tomatos but i can now, try spanish seafood stew (low carb) some soups are ok i did a mushroom soup with onion, garlic and blue stilton, cream, really nice and a comfort food. Also mtouem a chicken and meatball soup but filled with flavour! I make a chocolate mousse that is low carb, blueberries and rasberries are good.try swede chips as lowest carbs of root vegies, stir fries (without the noodles) cauliflower cheese (quicker without bichamelle sauce, just add cream and cheese, i also add salami to give it a kick.) You could do pizza but change the base to a mashed cauliflower base (look for recipes as there are some) there is carrot cake (without flour) meat loaf, getting long now but there is plenty out there to suit your taste just needs tweeking.

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
5.6 at 8.10am - pleased to see the readings returning to what I have come to enjoy seeing after a difficult food options weekend which sent the readings up a little higher than I wanted.
I know my DN said testing is not required and doing it every day can become addictive but without the testing I would never have the great feeling that a good reading gives me or the incentive to do something about it when the readings are not so good. I have now managed for a few months (no time at all for many of you) to keep my levels below 8.0 at all times. Hoping the fasting test this month will show a good result.

Reactions: 9 people

PMAJ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Broccoli
Had to cut them all out! My fbg was at 16 when i started in feb/march. I have had to cut more and more out, experimented... it was depressing at first, like salad depends what is IN the salad or on it! I couldnt tolerate tomatos but i can now, try spanish seafood stew (low carb) some soups are ok i did a mushroom soup with onion, garlic and blue stilton, cream, really nice and a comfort food. Also mtouem a chicken and meatball soup but filled with flavour! I make a chocolate mousse that is low carb, blueberries and rasberries are good.try swede chips as lowest carbs of root vegies, stir fries (without the noodles) cauliflower cheese (quicker without bichamelle sauce, just add cream and cheese, i also add salami to give it a kick.) You could do pizza but change the base to a mashed cauliflower base (look for recipes as there are some) there is carrot cake (without flour) meat loaf, getting long now but there is plenty out there to suit your taste just needs tweeking.
Thank you, I thought I was alone in this with the damned high count. I also thought what else can I cut from the list of carbs, your ideas have come in handy. Cauliflower Cheese is one of my favourites, bechamel sauce is one thing I'll have to change, the carbs in the flour obviously isn't going to help. Mashed cauliflower as a pizza base, interesting, heard of it as a topping on shepherd/cottage pie, something to try in the winter months but definitely try the pizza base :)
I have given up all the things I like, bread, pasta, rice, chocolate (absolute chocoholic :() and have a couple of bars of 85% in the cupboard with my name on, they'll probably be out of date before I get chance to eat them! Cakes, I trained as a pastry chef and it's one of my subjects at college that I teach, I've tried a number of different recipes without much success. Carrot cake without flour is one I'm going to have to find!
Thanks again, greatly appreciated. Paul. :)

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, I thought I was alone in this with the damned high count. I also thought what else can I cut from the list of carbs, your ideas have come in handy. Cauliflower Cheese is one of my favourites, bechamel sauce is one thing I'll have to change, the carbs in the flour obviously isn't going to help. Mashed cauliflower as a pizza base, interesting, heard of it as a topping on shepherd/cottage pie, something to try in the winter months but definitely try the pizza base :)
I have given up all the things I like, bread, pasta, rice, chocolate (absolute chocoholic :() and have a couple of bars of 85% in the cupboard with my name on, they'll probably be out of date before I get chance to eat them! Cakes, I trained as a pastry chef and it's one of my subjects at college that I teach, I've tried a number of different recipes without much success. Carrot cake without flour is one I'm going to have to find!
Thanks again, greatly appreciated. Paul. :)
Make the chocolate into a mousse! Very few ingredients. Double cream, butter, stevia, eggs and of course the chocolate. Whisk the cream, eggs and stevia for about 3-4 minutes with electric whisk, pour into the melted butter & chocolate bit by bit. Once incorporated put into the fridge to set. I have blueberries and rasberries on top of mine and will be making some to break my fast with today. I have seen in tesco something called cauli rice! A low carb substitute, and i have seen low carb pasta on amazon though a bit pricy. I havent gone down that road yet because i am doing good with the recipes i have... as a pastry chef you would do better with changing the flour for coconut/almond flour... i make muffins (savoury) and am looking to try bread (not brave enough yet). Just experiment and see. You might find you prefer the new diet especially the challenges that come with converting old recipes to low carb.

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not having chocolate, it's a darn disaster!
5.1 at 5:19 am (waking up).

Hope everyone is having a healthy and happy day!

Exercise time! let's do this. Woohoo! Treadmilling at home today

Oh by the way, this was a view from yesterday on morning walk and a breakie picnic by the little river..

81f7f7b556e3fdc63e05dff6de20228c_thumb.jpg

Reactions: 9 people