Need to talk

bluepatch9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey everyone I'm 16 and newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. I don't know many people in my area my age that have diabetes. Hopefully I can find some friends here...both guys and girls. I just want to talk to someone that understands what I'm going through because everyone I know keeps saying I'll be fine but they don't 100% understand what I'm going through. I'd love to get to know some of you more :)

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bluepatch, hang in there, eh?

I'm an 'oldie' and Type 2 but can still sympathise etc. You're amongst friends here and you'll find lots of support. I'm sure you'll find some others who are around your age group who you will be able to relate to moe easily but even us 'oldies' are happy to listen, empathise and even cry with you

{{{Hugs}}}

Reactions: 2 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hi @bluepatch9
it must have been a TOTAL shock to be diagnosed __ it was for me - i didn't stop crying for months

but well done for posting on the forum - and hopefully some young peeps will be along soon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hey everyone I'm 16 and newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. I don't know many people in my area my age that have diabetes. Hopefully I can find some friends here...both guys and girls. I just want to talk to someone that understands what I'm going through because everyone I know keeps saying I'll be fine but they don't 100% understand what I'm going through. I'd love to get to know some of you more :)

Hi, I am definitely not a teen, but a female 'Robinredbreast' , so I just wanted to welcome you and say hello :)
Take care.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Long time since my teens too.. But friends can be found that can identify. Even if they're not diabetic. There is life with diabetes & beyond. You will be surprised how many taste similar "bitter fruit" but can still associate with respect...! ;)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi @bluepatch9
it must have been a TOTAL shock to be diagnosed __ it was for me - i didn't stop crying for months

but well done for posting on the forum - and hopefully some young peeps will be along soon

That was a "man hug" I gave you, by the way..!? ;) Very rare is the hug from me... I'm a practical guy! :D

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks so much for replying! It means a lot
I spoke to an "upbeat" guy today catching a bus back home from a "D eye thing" at the hospital... (I couldn't drive due to the blurred vision & he helped me with the time table on the post..) he lived further away from me & had just been in for chemotherapy.. I wished him all the best. After all, hope,defined his travel.... ;)

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi @bluepatch9
hope you are having a great day !!
I am tagging some lovely younger people i know on the forum to come along and hopefully offer a bit of support or lend an ear for you..
@becky.ford93 , @Casey_Jane , @myarnton1 @IceLover

take care young lady and do keep posting !
all the best !

Roasterfred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm 17, I've had T1 for 8 years, a diabetes diagnosis is horrendous, you're thrown in at the deep end. for me it felt like having my life in my hands with no control of it, but it passes, as time goes by you will notice that diabetes is not in control of you, it is a part of you, a part you control. I never let my diabetes get in the way of my life, yet I still have control. If ever you need someone to talk to, I or im sure that anyone else on this forum would gladly, help out.
Fred