Bacon and recovery from diabetes 2 ?

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
yes I can avoid it if I want to, just I am afraid if we are missing something very important when not being critical about what kind of foods we eat instead of the carbs we no longer can eat in the amount healthy people can..

is the low blood glucose the only important nail in creating a healthy body and to live longer or are there many other components creating the much shorter lifespan that diabetics do have en general... like 10-20 years earlier death and very often very low life quality the last many years of our lives...

My personal goal is to finally end up cured.. not only managing diabetes 2 ... but after I came to this forum it seems to me that the most people in here thinks it is an illusion that we actually can get cured and return to normal regulation of blood glucose ...

why shouldn´t diabetes 2 be an illness that could be curable ?
Perhaps it can be cured through a change in diet (but this will not work for everyone). However, if you do cure your diabetes through a change in diet, then it is quite likely that you can't go back to what you ate before. Some will say that this means you're not actually cured. To me it's an academic question. My blood glucose levels are normal with the way I now eat. If I went to doctor that I'd never seen before, they'd never diagnose me as diabetic. They'd likely not even ask what I ate, but just look at my blood test results and declare me non-diabetic.

Reactions: lovinglife

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps it can be cured through a change in diet (but this will not work for everyone). However, if you do cure your diabetes through a change in diet, then it is quite likely that you can't go back to what you ate before. Some will say that this means you're not actually cured. To me it's an academic question. My blood glucose levels are normal with the way I now eat. If I went to doctor that I'd never seen before, they'd never diagnose me as diabetic. They'd likely not even ask what I ate, but just look at my blood test results and declare me non-diabetic.
yes guess you are right in those arguments

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
when not being critical about what kind of foods we eat instead of the carbs we no longer can eat in the amount healthy people can
Well there is your mistake the idea that people who eat large amounts of carbohydrates can be thought of as healthy I don't believe that to be true. They may not be diabetic but that does not mean they are healthy.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
a lot of persons in here have managed to get a very very low blood glucose even lower than the "normal" healthy blood glucose of about 4-4,5 mmol .... can´t it at all be unhealthy to have a constant low blood glucose of lower than 4 mmol ?

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well there is your mistake the idea that people who eat large amounts of carbohydrates can be thought of as healthy I don't believe that to be true. They may not be diabetic but that does not mean they are healthy.

large amount of carbs what is that 200 grams of carbs a day or 400 grams or 600 grams ?

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
maybe you are right.. so there is nothing right in that study then ?... yes meat processed meat has been hampered with... and how about the red meat then ?

The report says:
"There is now widespread evidence that red meat drastically increases the likelihood of major health problems including heart disease, strokes and some types of cancer."

but they don't give any info about what this 'widespread evidence' consists of, or where it can be found. (at least, I didn't notice any reference in the report). Sorry, I can't take seriously anything that doesn't give me facts that I can check out for myself - I wasn't on the scene in 2011 so didn't see it then).

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
a lot of persons in here have managed to get a very very low blood glucose even lower than the "normal" healthy blood glucose of about 4-4,5 mmol .... can´t it at all be unhealthy to have a constant low blood glucose of lower than 4 mmol ?
I doubt there are too many former type 2 diabetics walking around with a BG constantly under 4 mmol/L. However, unless a person is experiencing hypoglycemic symptoms, it shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I doubt there are too many former type 2 diabetics walking around with a BG constantly under 4 mmol/L. However, unless a person is experiencing hypoglycemic symptoms, it shouldn't be a problem.

in this comunity in here there are quite a lot with a very low blood glucose and a Hb1Ac lower than 3.8

Daks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally I don't believe in 'curing' type 2 diabetes, I do however know you can 'shelf it' and have a HBA1C that of a non diabetic, for me type2 doesn't have to be a progressive disease, that's as good as a cure.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
in this comunity in here there are quite a lot with a very low blood glucose and a Hb1Ac lower than 3.8
I don't believe that's true. 3.8% would be ridiculously low.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
have you read peoples numbers the are so many in here with that very low numbers
No, I haven't seen anyone with an HbA1c less than 3.8%, which would be less than 18 mmol/mol, on the forum.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No, I haven't seen anyone with an HbA1c less than 3.8%, which would be less than 18 mmol/mol, on the forum.
maybe I have been reading the numbers wrongly.. and the number is really 37 or 38 mg/dL sorry for me mistaking so much

A

Avocado Sevenfold

have you read peoples numbers the are so many in here with that very low numbers
I have honestly never seen anyone that low on the forum.

I am confused as to why you are using DCCT % when you are in Denmark and are recently diagnosed. Do they not use IFCC measurements there?

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have honestly never seen anyone that low on the forum.

I am confused as to why you are using DCCT % when you are in Denmark and are recently diagnosed. Do they not use IFCC measurements there?
sorry I have been reading the numbers wrongly

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
large amount of carbs what is that 200 grams of carbs a day or 400 grams or 600 grams ?
Well yes.

Personally on a LCHF diet I have lost almost 7 stones in weight and reduced HbA1c to lower than pre-diabetes level also cholesterol levels are fine..

My cardio-vascular consultant is quite happy about that