Type 2 Blood tester.

PeterGC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone has anyone ever received a tester free. It looks like the companies only give free testers to people who are using insulin and looks like anyone with type 2 has no chance of getting a free testing kit

Reactions: Freema

lynn007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
animal abuse
they are suppose to give to you if you are on insulin. I am on Metformin and they will not give me so bought my own.

lynn007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
animal abuse

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had them for free from Lifescan even though I've said I'm T2.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
My surgery will only give type 2,s a meter if they are on Insulin
I bought my own

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I got a contour next usb for free even though they had said I didn't qualify.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
in Denmark type 2 on only metformine also get the meters for free, but then the Sticks to measure the blood glucose with costs sometimes 1 £ a piece or half a £

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Don't know if it's different in Scotland. I was given one on diagnosis of steroid induced Type 2 diabetes and that was only at the "new onset" stage...but...I had just had a renal transplant so maybe that was behind it. I was given a second on speaking to a diabetic nurse...she thought it would be handy in case I lost one! I guess that's less than the norm!

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi everyone has anyone ever received a tester free. It looks like the companies only give free testers to people who are using insulin and looks like anyone with type 2 has no chance of getting a free testing kit
Just accidently tick the wrong box saying you are type 1;)

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
In Canada the manufacturers give away the meter for free when you buy 100 strips. You can pick whichever you like. The catch is the ongoing cost of the strips which is very high and where they make their money.

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was given a meter and test strips after diagnosis. My GP later told me that it was obvious that I was going to go straight onto insulin. I used the meter to show me what foods I could and could not eat. Now I'm told I only need to do 2 or 3 spot checks a week so I bought the SD codefree mentioned above as the strips are about a third of the price. I want to keep my diabetes under control.

Reactions: Liam1955

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I got a contour next usb for free even though they had said I didn't qualify.
Same here. When I filled in the online form the response was that I didn't qualify, then I got an email saying I would be sent one, and I have received it.

Reactions: Liam1955

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
I began using Insulin 2 years ago but still take 4 Metformin a day also. The meter I was using the GP Surgery stopped providing me with Test Strips on Prescription. However, I was offered and accepted their Meter (Nexus Rx) with 100 FreeTest Strips a month, that was over a year ago.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Yes, I have a few Free meters sent to me over the years - but some Test Strips can work out to be expensive for them. The SD Codefree Meter is very popular with members on the Forum, which is why it is recommended to new members. :)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've tried several times for free meter offers from suppliers and diabetes.co.uk, and have also always been told I'm not eligible. So I've bought my own. However, after trying for and being refused a newer version of an existing meter, I bought my own and then several months later out of the blue did actually receive ir as a freebie too. :wideyed::wideyed: So you never know!!

Ribbity

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I bought my own and then several months later out of the blue did actually receive ir as a freebie too.

And that's exactly what happened to me .

PeterGC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Since I first mentioned this subject I have had plenty of offers to get a free meter it's strange that after I emailed one company 4 others have contacted me so be persistent and you never know