What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks Keesha. The nurse replied to yesterday's email today and advised the opposite so I will try dropping the Gliclazide and go back to 8 units of Lantus.

Good idea to seek advice from nurse and wait for next HbA1c to prove her right. Good luck.

A

asparagusp

Keesha Hi. Dropping the Gliclazide and returning to 8 units Lantus last night resulted in a higher reading of 6.1 fasting this morning. Yesterday the reading was 4.2 with the Gliclazide and 7 units of Lantus the night before! zzz It's doing my head in! lol

Reactions: hankjam and Prem51
D

debrasue

LOL, did you feel light headed with such low numbers. If this continues, the seek advice from medical professionals.
"You are entering a state of hypoglycemia when blood glucose levels drop below 60 to 65 mg/dL (3.3 to 3.6 mmol/L) you are entering a state of hypoglycemia. If not treated at the first signs of hypoglycemia you run the risk of finding yourself in the middle of a very dangerous medical emergency. If your blood glucose level is allowed to drop below 2.7 mmol/l you can suffer a progressive loss of mental function which will eventually lead to unconsciousness and seizures. Immediate medical assistance is critical in the more severe cases because damage can occur to the brain and other tissues of the body. In some of the more extreme instances of hypoglycemia a person can even enter a coma or die." Source: Diabetes Management 101.com
Are you sure your readings are correct, @Jodie1154 ?

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Keesha Hi. Dropping the Gliclazide and returning to 8 units Lantus last night resulted in a higher reading of 6.1 fasting this morning. Yesterday the reading was 4.2 with the Gliclazide and 7 units of Lantus the night before! zzz It's doing my head in! lol

As long as your fbs is within range, then you are on the right track. Hope things will work out eventually for you and I am sure it will. All the very best to you.

Reactions: asparagusp

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My last hba1c was 38 God alone knows what the next one will be I don't.

Reactions: Prem51

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ellagy I consider myself lucky, when I was diagnosed I was too sick to eat anything that wasnt good for me so it really helped. Also Ive always wanted to ask you when you were diagnosed, I access the forum on my phone and a lot of the additional information ect doesnt show up.

Reactions: Freema and hankjam

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
@ellagy I consider myself lucky, when I was diagnosed I was too sick to eat anything that wasnt good for me so it really helped. Also Ive always wanted to ask you when you were diagnosed, I access the forum on my phone and a lot of the additional information ect doesnt show up.
@4ratbags I was diagnosed in 2002 which might just have saved my life. On a visit to the DN she noticed I was rubbing my chest and suggested she do a ECG. Which showed a heart attack, she phoned an ambulance! I will be eternally grateful to her.

Reactions: Prem51