Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

A

asparagusp

5.1 - down from 6.1 yesterday. With my nurse"s advice I dropped the evening Gliclazide a couple of nights ago as for a week my numbers were low 4s with two 3.5s.

Reactions: Tim55 and Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
12.4....for goodness sake will it ever go down?
Hi @Prettypinkpetals and welcome to the forum. Try not to stress about your bs levels, that will probably raise them.
It is a shock when you get that diagnosis and takes time to get your head around it all, but you can control your condition. There is a lot of useful advice and support on here.

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Morning All

Nipped down the pub for a pint or three last, but no drama this morning with a 5.1.

Off to see nursey now to lose yet more blood.....
I wonder how many times Nursey has seen a blood sample with a head on it?

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Had my HbA1c result - this was 7 (which they tell me has come down which is good).

What levels should I be looking at aiming for? I'm so confused!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Nicksu Above 7.7 is in the diabetic range. 7.0-7.7 is in the pre-diabetic range. Below 7.0 is non-diabetic.
Well done on getting down to pre-diabetic level, you should be able to get down further into the non-diabetic range now.
This is a chart which shows the bs range:

50shades.png

Reactions: ickihun

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
@Nicksu Above 7.7 is in the diabetic range. 7.0-7.7 is in the pre-diabetic range. Below 7.0 is non-diabetic.
Well done on getting down to pre-diabetic level, you should be able to get down further into the non-diabetic range now.
This is a chart which shows the bs range:

View attachment 20613
Thank you for that - it makes me feel a bit better - still room for improvement (plus further weight loss!). LCHF is so the way to go.

Reactions: ickihun and Prem51