Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Nosher you will love the link I have just posted x

Thanks Emma!
I will 'digest' it, of 'course' very slowly!

The scientific part is so interesting about the cells new and old!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eeek! Nosher, you have changed your name! This might take some getting used to!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Eeek! Nosher, you have changed your name! This might take some getting used to!

I've had a problem with my phone and privacy with another account, my username and password, could have been used for illicit purposes.

I've not heard of a parliamentarian with that name!

It is one of my favourite songwriters, lyricist, performer, arranger, producer and all round nice guy. Famed as part of the Motown songwriters, Holland Dozier Holland.

It sounds poster, don't it?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
It was Norman Lamont!.....

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Quick update after about three months doing serious intermittent fasting.
All my suspicions about it being beneficial has bore some great results and I believe that fasting according to Jason Fung should be part of the treatment of non diabetic reactive hypoglycaemia.
The reasons as follows,
You can control blood glucose really well, simply because not eating doesn't produce insulin.
You can control weight because it's no longer necessary to eat as often, because if you very low carb, you don't have to eat three hours later to stop the hypo, as you have not had the hyper from your last very low carb meal! You don't hyper you don't hypo! Logical!
If you don't eat as much because you are or should not be hungry, your body seems to work without food for long periods even doing relatively mild exercise, doesn't affect blood glucose levels. I have fasted throughout a working day without feeling fatigue or tiredness.
I also think I sleep better, if I have some full fat before bedtime. Usually full fat Greek yogurt. I have cut my fruit down dramatically as well without ill affect.
Fresh food, and salad vegetables work for me!
A good fry up once a work as a treat fried in duck fat is my treat! And no hyper!
My body has adapted to my new lifestyle, it is so inspiring, to realise what your body can achieve when your not feeding it all those baddies!
A couple of pieces of 90% dark chocolate, my only other treat.
I eat to live now. I don't test as much! No need, I don't risk the hyper!
I fast to give my body to be as normal as possible without the high insulin, glucose and I now know that I have very low insulin resistance.
My health is great. My GP, dsn and my endocrinologist is impressed with my health at my age! If things outside my control and the health of others in my family don't keep arising as they do. I would be an extremely happy old git!
And of course, I can't say thanks to those who have helped on my journey to this stage in my life!!!!!
Best wishes!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick update after about three months doing serious intermittent fasting.
All my suspicions about it being beneficial has bore some great results and I believe that fasting according to Jason Fung should be part of the treatment of non diabetic reactive hypoglycaemia.
The reasons as follows,
You can control blood glucose really well, simply because not eating doesn't produce insulin.
You can control weight because it's no longer necessary to eat as often, because if you very low carb, you don't have to eat three hours later to stop the hypo, as you have not had the hyper from your last very low carb meal! You don't hyper you don't hypo! Logical!
If you don't eat as much because you are or should not be hungry, your body seems to work without food for long periods even doing relatively mild exercise, doesn't affect blood glucose levels. I have fasted throughout a working day without feeling fatigue or tiredness.
I also think I sleep better, if I have some full fat before bedtime. Usually full fat Greek yogurt. I have cut my fruit down dramatically as well without ill affect.
Fresh food, and salad vegetables work for me!
A good fry up once a work as a treat fried in duck fat is my treat! And no hyper!
My body has adapted to my new lifestyle, it is so inspiring, to realise what your body can achieve when your not feeding it all those baddies!
A couple of pieces of 90% dark chocolate, my only other treat.
I eat to live now. I don't test as much! No need, I don't risk the hyper!
I fast to give my body to be as normal as possible without the high insulin, glucose and I now know that I have very low insulin resistance.
My health is great. My GP, dsn and my endocrinologist is impressed with my health at my age! If things outside my control and the health of others in my family don't keep arising as they do. I would be an extremely happy old git!
And of course, I can't say thanks to those who have helped on my journey to this stage in my life!!!!!
Best wishes!
Welcome to the wonderful world of fasting.. sounds like you have had some amazing success..Hope it continues to help.
All the best
Mark