What did you eat today ?

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now that's what I call adventurous. Well done! You could ask someone else to test it for you before you do. :D
I bottled out of actually eating it - its kind of " gloop like" I might use it to put up the wallpaper instead !

Sauron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morons
I bottled out of actually eating it - its kind of " gloop like" I might use it to put up the wallpaper instead !
Sounds like something that resembles my cooking!

Sauron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morons
Today was a full English breakfast which did duty as lunch as well and tonight had Chinese pork curry with egg fried rice

Reactions: everway9
D

Deleted member 308541

Imagine GM potatoes without carbs, all the other great food full of carbs modified out. It will not happened in my lifetime but it will happen eventually.
Spoke to soon.

I see on local news the other night, about one of the major supermarket chains fighting back against low carb diets and the humble spud taking a beating.

Going to have a look for Spud Lite low carb goodness next time we go shopping, then boil them, mash them, stick them in a stew. Lovely big golden chips with a nice piece of fried fish.

http://au.openfoodfacts.org/product/9311331111114/spud-lite-low-carbohydrate-potato-zerella-fresh

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
God knows what garbage is in there in place of the carbs !

D

Deleted member 308541

God knows what garbage is in there in place of the carbs !
They are low carb and a Australian product, so that's all the excuse I need to give them a try. :meh:

Chilli Con Carne with out the beans last night, come on baby light my fire this morning. :D

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They are low carb and a Australian product, so that's all the excuse I need to give them a try. :meh:

Chilli Con Carne with out the beans last night, come on baby light my fire this morning. :D

I'll be interested to know what the taste like and what they do contain - ultimately you cant' take 18 g of carbs out of a potato and not put 18g of something in its place - I'd love to now what ! - I am a bit potato fan if it works :) good luck with the experiment.

Reactions: Sauron and everway9

Sauron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morons
Curried Chinese pork again today followed by a tall glass of Whisky and pepsi max

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nothing springs to mind :)
I'm starving! Stuck in hospital after a bad asthma attack. All I have with me is my phone on which its taking me ages to write this post and my insulin which I don't need as I have nothing to eat! Arrrrgh!

Sauron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morons
I'm starving! Stuck in hospital after a bad asthma attack. All I have with me is my phone on which its taking me ages to write this post and my insulin which I don't need as I have nothing to eat! Arrrrgh!
You are not missing anything worthwhile with hospital food! Hope you recover soon

D

Deleted member 308541

Hope you are breathing better.

You are not missing anything worthwhile with hospital food! Hope you recover soon

I had some nice meals while I was in the local base hospital for seven days, I was very surprised at the quality of it.

Had chicken wings with a peri peri dipping sauce for dinner last night, followed up by yoghurt and diced dragon fruit.

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well... I got kicked out of A&E @ 3 am this morning after recovering from my attack. LOL... didn't even make breakfast time for hospital food. It's ok though I've had plenty of experience with hospital food in my time. It's like a second home for me is my hospital. Sad but true. :D

Thanks for the good will messages. Touch wood I'll be ok for a while. :)

M

mist

Well... I got kicked out of A&E @ 3 am this morning after recovering from my attack. LOL... didn't even make breakfast time for hospital food. It's ok though I've had plenty of experience with hospital food in my time. It's like a second home for me is my hospital. Sad but true. :D

Thanks for the good will messages. Touch wood I'll be ok for a while. :)

What happened bro?

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi mist.

I had a nasty asthma attack (again)... :banghead:

Much better now though thanks. :)

Sauron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morons
I had some nice meals while I was in the local base hospital for seven days, I was very surprised at the quality of it.

Had chicken wings with a peri peri dipping sauce for dinner last night, followed up by yoghurt and diced dragon fruit.
I spent a month in hospital recovering from being debrided due to necrotising fasciitis and when I found out I also had diabetes and for the most part the food was terrible