What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi all 4.7 for me this morning surprised at this as been up most of night with this shoulder.

Reactions: Wurst and SWUSA_

Maggie/Magpie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Butternut Squash, Cabbage and confrontation.
Hi All
First BS was 7.3 little high for me.
Then forget to take all my tablets as it was Bleep hour in morning and I was running for a bus, as brain pre-occupied with an outing of 11 people (with Mental Health difficulties) I was in charge of (first time ever) to a mainland Art Gallery. So will suffer tomorrow! But on the up side they all had a good time.
However, BS tonight only 5.3 despite eating plenty throughout day. Which is a bit concerning. Do I eat extra now? Or just go to sleep and hope there ok tomorrow? New to all this so not sure, but I'm only on metformin does that make a difference?
Maggie/Magpie

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Hi All
First BS was 7.3 little high for me.
Then forget to take all my tablets as it was Bleep hour in morning and I was running for a bus, as brain pre-occupied with an outing of 11 people (with Mental Health difficulties) I was in charge of (first time ever) to a mainland Art Gallery. So will suffer tomorrow! But on the up side they all had a good time.
However, BS tonight only 5.3 despite eating plenty throughout day. Which is a bit concerning. Do I eat extra now? Or just go to sleep and hope there ok tomorrow? New to all this so not sure, but I'm only on metformin does that make a difference?
Maggie/Magpie
I would take a small snack of about 15 carbs before going to bed myself but I tend to err on the high blood glucose side. How long ago did you last eat? When did you take your evening dose of metformin?

Last edited: