ok wait, what?

teeekilicious18

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I've been terminated because I'm ill? I am fully aware that in order to work I have to be under doctors supervision, an open date letter which I've got it. So I have specifically told every job offers this before agreeing with me. I've got a new job, this new job which I hate the colleague so much, apparently finds it fed up that I have too many appointments. Then we both call it quits because why hire me in the first place? Such two face.

My friends have been supporting me but I'm glad I've quit but since when other full time job, find it hard to accept people with chronic conditions? WHAT?

How do u diabetic people earn money? Come'on can't a follow up patient gets full time? I'm sick of part time, I want full time for a change.

what is going on? huh?

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It sounds like there's a lot that's frustrating you about this situation. Are you suggesting that you were wrongfully terminated, or did you voluntarily quit because you didn't like the situation you were in? Those are two very different situations.

I see that your profile says you're from Singapore where the laws may be different (I'm in the USA myself), but I see no reason why diabetes should limit you from a career progression standpoint.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Zero hour contracts... they don't help!!

Colleagues can be less helpful sometimes in their attitudes but I got full time shift work when I was working which enabled me to never have an appt in work hours. When I was finding full time management was difficult I started self employed and working for myself.

My colleagues always saw me doing extra hours and in early, staying late, my longest shift was I think 27hours when our computer system failed for Waitrose pre easter!! I went home for 6 hours and then back in and a further 18 hours. When the system and stores and cusomers were all happy I slept for 23 hours solid.....

Full time jobs are out there, some of it is I'm afraid down to thinking of others, as well as expecting people to think of our needs...ie if you had a day iff in week did you try to book appointments for that day etc.

Employers and employees do have to consider reasonable adjustments etc under equality act.

There are understanding people etc, full time hours etc

Reactions: teeekilicious18
C

catherinecherub

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've always been offered full-time hours. I've had upset bosses when I've asked to go part-time. My workload has always been heavy but on leaving one job of 20hrs I had to be replaced by 2 full-timers. A great compliment!
I've learnt the hard way...... not to be exploited.
Good luck in a new job mate. You won't look back!

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How do u diabetic people earn money? Come'on can't a follow up patient gets full time? I'm sick of part time, I want full time for a change.

what is going on? huh?

Are you diabetic? It's not clear from you profile whether you have diabetes or what type.

Are you in Singapore? No idea what employment protections exist there.

Although it does sound like you quit because you don't like your colleague which probably isn't something employment protections can help with - sometimes you just have to work with people who aren't you best friends.

teeekilicious18

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
It sounds like there's a lot that's frustrating you about this situation. Are you suggesting that you were wrongfully terminated, or did you voluntarily quit because you didn't like the situation you were in? Those are two very different situations.

I see that your profile says you're from Singapore where the laws may be different (I'm in the USA myself), but I see no reason why diabetes should limit you from a career progression standpoint.

both, the colleague gives me stress so I offered too quit.

teeekilicious18

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Singapore Employment Laws.
http://www.iclg.co.uk/practice-area...-law/employment-and-labour-law-2016/singapore
@teeekilicious18, what type of condition do you have as you have stated on your profile that you are not a diabetic? It seems from your post that it was a mutual agreement that you would terminate your employment. Your colleague was fed up with you taking time off for medical appointments and you were fed up with her attitude.
yup. I'm not diabetic but I have many other autoimmune diseases that still kept me in the follow up business at the hospital, can I quit all appointments? Lol.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yup. I'm not diabetic but I have many other autoimmune diseases that still kept me in the follow up business at the hospital, can I quit all appointments? Lol.

Clearly if you have medical conditions requiring professional input, it could be considered fool-hardy to stop going to appointments. However, I'm surer nobody can compel you to attend without your consent.

I have no idea what the laws are relating to medical appointments in Singapore, but whatever they are, there remains a need for any individual to fulfil their role.

Frustratingly life can get quite tricky; in terms of balancing everyone's needs and wants. Like many people, I have worked in environments where I have been extremely happy and in others where it has been difficult.

Only you can decide whether what you put into the job is sufficiently rewarded by what you get out of it. For me, it has never been all about the money; although, without a doubt, I like to be rewarded to reflect my commercial value. That said, there have been times when the balance has been all wrong, but I have been able to recognise some longer term gain - whether financial, experience or personal growth. As I say; only you can make that judgement.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
both, the colleague gives me stress so I offered too quit.

If you offered to quit, there's probably not much you can do as you left voluntarily, it sounds.

If you feel you were bullied into offering your resignation, then that's a different matter.

I suggest you read up on the employment laws in Singapore and see if they offer any advice.

teeekilicious18

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
i dont you guys but I know Im mentally drained. Like since when do i have to be more cautious with the law, I'm always easy going. Now going to work or future degree placement makes me anxious. I keep being interrogated everywhere. "are u sure u can do this?" and many more. **yawns** lets all just sleep or sth... so tired. zZz i have to face everything. health insurance, work contracts & school, family, friends.. I'm dozing off hahaha