What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Chasida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Pubs/clubs
5.7 at 7am .... and only 5.8 70 minutes later (couldn't test later than that as had to leave home) Highest reading all day today was 7.4 after lunch. I'm beginning to wonder if I really AM still diabetic!!!

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Chasida a nice thought but once a diabetic always a diabetic. Some good numbers though, keep up the good work :)

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Day 2 - exactly the same results With the benefit of the CMG monitor I know now that my fasting blood sugar all night was between 4.7 ad 5.1 from midnight through 6.30 am. On waking it rose to 6.3.

My weight loss has stalled recently though since I began the one meal a day thing -generally my best " slimming days" have been when having an egg for breakfast - so today I tried an early breakfast - bs rose to 7.8 and now on it's way down again - so yeah! will be interesting to see how the daily average with or without breakfast compares ( yesterday 5.9 average on freestyle libre)

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 at 7am .... and only 5.8 70 minutes later (couldn't test later than that as had to leave home) Highest reading all day today was 7.4 after lunch. I'm beginning to wonder if I really AM still diabetic!!!

That would be lovely though it all rather depends on what you ate for lunch- if it was a couple of doughnuts maybe !:)