What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That would be lovely though it all rather depends on what you ate for lunch- if it was a couple of doughnuts maybe !:)

I Think the liver has a very individual way of spitting out its transformed glucose , some maybe have a greater problem besides dawn phenomenon theirs also wanting to spit out more glucose when they are fasting and going low calorie. Even though the number of proteins are restrictet too , we must remember that our body always has the possibillity also to steal proteins from ones muscles , and that could be why so many especially women feel so extremely tired always when doing all they can to loose weight . Maybe women or certain women have to make a quite other strategy than most men, lately I read somewhere ( don't remember where ) that women in general seems to have the problem that after doing excessive excercising womens metabolism afterward seem to go really low maybe to protest the womam from starving. Where the most men have a High metabolims also after excercising and therefor also have a much easier time loosing weight. Maybe due to our very different hormonal profile . well as I dont know the validity of that claim I cant say it is a fact, but if it was it would explain a lot . Besides that information what I read also said that if one want's to help raise metabolism in the many hours after excercise the best way was weight lifting , because muscles that have been used with heavy weight uses energy many hours after the excercise .

Last edited:

Chasida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Pubs/clubs
That would be lovely though it all rather depends on what you ate for lunch- if it was a couple of doughnuts maybe !:)
Cherry hahaha .... yes ... I am eating to my meter (more or less) but at least I'm enjoying my meals, and DO get away with the odd fruity flapjack with no spikes!!!

Chasida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Pubs/clubs
5.2 at 6am today, and went to 6.0 an hour after breakfast, and then down to 5.6 half an hour after the first reading, so I'm really pleased ... and SOOOO wish Christmas wasn't looming :(

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
7.7 last two days despite REALLY low carbs and calories!
:)Be nice to yourself-I have had a couple of those unexplained plateaus-I just kept to my low carbs and increased my calories a little (calories from 1200 to increase of 1400 or 1600 for a few days, carbs from 80 to 120 per day with no increase) and my fasting blood glucose came back down. I also increased my water intake-because when I was nutrient checking my diet the tracker told me I was low on water intake. I drink 4 to 6 cups of water per day now in addition to 20 ounces of coffee and 8 to 16 ounces of 2% milk per day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

LAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
:)Be nice to yourself-I have had a couple of those unexplained plateaus-I just kept to my low carbs and increased my calories a little (calories from 1200 to increase of 1400 or 1600 for a few days, carbs from 80 to 120 per day with no increase) and my fasting blood glucose came back down. I also increased my water intake-because when I was nutrient checking my diet the tracker told me I was low on water intake. I drink 4 to 6 cups per day now in addition to 20 ounces of coffee and 8 to 16 ounces of 2% milk per day.
Thank you, very helpful. It can be lonely out there without support. Yes, I'll try your method. Helping my son and family move house the next few days, so things cd get wonky! :dead:

Reactions: Prem51

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Thank you, very helpful. It can be lonely out there without support. Yes, I'll try your method. Helping my son and family move house the next few days, so things cd get wonky! :dead:
Take care of yourself-and have a good move.