Swede

ExD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My husband is very keen on swede or turnip mashed with butter and cream. Just how devillish is this mix in the carbohydrate ratings?

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Swede and butter are both low carb. Swede - 2.3 gm carbs/100g and Butter (light spreadable) 0.8gm. Cream is also low carb about 2.2g/100g.
Hubby can tuck in and enjoy :happy:

Dave

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Swede and butter are both low carb. Swede - 2.3 gm carbs/100g and Butter (light spreadable) 0.8gm. Cream is also low carb about 2.2g/100g.
Hubby can tuck in and enjoy :happy:

Dave
What is this light spreadable butter of which you speak? surely regular is better and carb free...

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My husband is very keen on swede or turnip mashed with butter and cream. Just how devillish is this mix in the carbohydrate ratings?
swede is ok as @miahara say..s turnip is a bit more carby 4.7g per 100g. Celeriac is also 2.3g of carb so quite good too if you like the taste.

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
What is this light spreadable butter of which you speak? surely regular is better and carb free...
Yes, you are most certainly right, regular butter probably is better but I don't have the data on it it. I think the 'light spreadable' is most likely to have unsaturated fats added in order to make it easy to spread.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, you are most certainly right, regular butter probably is better but I don't have the data on it it. I think the 'light spreadable' is most likely to have unsaturated fats added in order to make it easy to spread.
usually nasty veg oils unfortunately..