Result

BrianTheElder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Snide people
I have just come back from the doctor's feeling very happy. He says I no longer have any diabetic symptoms, so I am off medication altogether and under diet control only!
I am also off statins altogether as well, he said with my latest lipids there is no longer any reason I need to take them.
I was expecting some resistance when I went, but the doc seemed well aware that carbs are the main problem and wasn't at all sticking to NICE guidelines. It was very refreshing and I really think the log-jam is moving.
It's all down to LCHF by the way! But I am well aware that I need to stick to it so I don't become diabetic again.

Reactions: Prem51 and dbr10

BrianTheElder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Snide people
Congratulations. How long has it taken to get this incredible result?
I started on LCHF (20g carbs) in July 2016. It makes it so much easier when your body responds in the predicted way and you get so much support from this website. I am also keenly interested in the science behind all this, so I intend to keep it up and spread the word!

mx5jax

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Wow that's great. I I've lost 42lbs since March 16 and now just take metformin. Hoping to reduce that in March...is really does work and the medics are just starting to understand.

Reactions: Prem51

Peppergirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great news, interesting that your doc was fine with LCHF when the results speak for themselves. Had a very similar experience recently with the DSN recommending I eat a slice of bread to "help" me carb count, when I told her I was low carbing and had great results (showed her the libre graphs). I ignored it and carried on and my Hba1C now dropped from 49 to 44. Went back a second time (trying to get a pump) and nothing was said about my low carbing, just amazement that my BGs are really good, no spikes. Brilliant that you're off the meds.

Reactions: Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Great results on both bs and cholesterol levels @BrianTheElder, well done! :)
It's always good to hear success stories, so thanks for posting. Let's hope that diabetes can be controlled is getting through to HCPs.

Doriand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Political Correctness
I have just come back from the doctor's feeling very happy. He says I no longer have any diabetic symptoms, so I am off medication altogether and under diet control only!
I am also off statins altogether as well, he said with my latest lipids there is no longer any reason I need to take them.
I was expecting some resistance when I went, but the doc seemed well aware that carbs are the main problem and wasn't at all sticking to NICE guidelines. It was very refreshing and I really think the log-jam is moving.
It's all down to LCHF by the way! But I am well aware that I need to stick to it so I don't become diabetic again.
Good on you, BTE! Your doctor seems to be one in a million with most of them keeping you on statins till you drop! My goal in life is to get off ALL medications, but I'll be happy if I don't have to inject insulin three times a day even if I still have to take Metformin. And like you, I strongly believe that LCHF is the only way to go ... Good luck with your future, sir!

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Very well done - its the ambition of all of us - to be able to get off the meds (40mg Gliglizade twice daily). Hoping to do this when I next have my review. Going to see the dietician this week - we shall see if they try and tell me to use the NICE guidelines - at which I will say, I'll stay low carbing thank you!