Diabetic Craft Club

N

NicolaB70

It's ever so cute. Did it take long?.
Awww he is beautiful Nicola, and it is the first one you have made too... I love him!!
Thank you Jan and ellagy. On the instructions it says between 8-10 hours but it's taken me longer. I've just done a bit each day or until my fingers are sore from stabbing them. I've ordered some finger cots today so when they come I can do my monkey I got for Christmas. I've really enjoyed making him and am looking at getting a kit with lots of different coloured wool and a book of designs.

Reactions: Sable_Jan

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I think my family have gone mad with colouring books! I now have five books, a set of 12 crayons in a pretty tube and a set of water colours in pen form! Like you and Mr Hedgehog I will be doing a little bit fairly often!
Do you want some bits of yarn? I have some you can have! PM me if you do.
PS I love your avatar!

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
your little hedgehog is very cute :)

Mr G got me a tabletop easel, I used to draw and sometimes paint years ago before I damaged my shoulder and I have only used a tablet since then to retouch and repair old family photos. Do you think colouring books would be a good way of getting back into things?

N

NicolaB70

I think my family have gone mad with colouring books! I now have five books, a set of 12 crayons in a pretty tube and a set of water colours in pen form! Like you and Mr Hedgehog I will be doing a little bit fairly often!
Do you want some bits of yarn? I have some you can have! PM me if you do.
PS I love your avatar!
You can't go wrong with plenty of colouring books and pens. I've got several books, colouring pencils, watercolour pencils, gel pens and find it relaxing colouring with music on in the background.
My avatar is one I coloured in on the app I use on my iPad.
I'll,let you know about the wool, thanks for the offer xx

N

NicolaB70

Mr G got me a tabletop easel, I used to draw and sometimes paint years ago before I damaged my shoulder and I have only used a tablet since then to retouch and repair old family photos. Do you think colouring books would be a good way of getting back into things?
Most definitely. You can do a little at a time to ease yourself into it and see how your shoulder holds out. I find it very therapeutic as I have a neurological disease and found it hard to hold a pen but since I started colouring it's really helped and I can hold pens without difficulty now and it's also very relaxing.

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I think you can't go wrong with anything that you can do easily and without pain, so just trying stuff is important. Colouring will improve your grip and co-ordination, as will sketching with ordinary pencils. I like getting photos from the internet and just sketching them. I also do something called Zentangling, which is very therapeutic. Here's a link about it: http://lesleysscribblingsblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/about-zentangles.html

tinyfilosofer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
cce1d607668b17f64c1f70376ff31e08.jpg

N

NicolaB70

I've just finished my monkey. I'm very pleased with it. It needs going over with my felting tool that holds six needles but they've all snapped earlier, wouldn't mind but I only brought it yesterday. Waiting for my felting box to arrive now before I can start my next project.

IMG_0558.JPG IMG_0560.JPG

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I've just finished my monkey. I'm very pleased with it. It needs going over with my felting tool that holds six needles but they've all snapped earlier, wouldn't mind but I only brought it yesterday. Waiting for my felting box to arrive now before I can start my next project.

View attachment 21524 View attachment 21525
That is a wonderful monkey Nicola. He has a cute wee face!

N

NicolaB70

That is a wonderful monkey Nicola. He has a cute wee face!
I got a good deal last night. I've had my eye on a bundle of 36 different coloured felting wools on Amazon priced at £10.99. Last night they were in one of their lightening deals reduced to £7.19, so I ordered a pack and my hubby also ordered me another one as your only allowed one of the same item if it's in a deal. I've see another design I'd like to try and make (I've seen a picture of a bear in a bath tub with a rubber duck) but I'm not to sure how I'd go about making it. I think I might look on you tube for any tutorials :)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I got a good deal last night. I've had my eye on a bundle of 36 different coloured felting wools on Amazon priced at £10.99. Last night they were in one of their lightening deals reduced to £7.19, so I ordered a pack and my hubby also ordered me another one as your only allowed one of the same item if it's in a deal. I've see another design I'd like to try and make (I've seen a picture of a bear in a bath tub with a rubber duck) but I'm not to sure how I'd go about making it. I think I might look on you tube for any tutorials :)
Wonderful deal... well done Mr N. I have buckets of yarn from when I started a couple of years ago.