What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

irish-colt

Dislikes
Ignorance being passed as expertise
Morning folks. Question of wine ?? Gonna be a nice red, a Shiraz or a Pinotage.
But, down to Earth with a bump this morning

10.0 at 8:40.
Someone, somewhere is having a laugh at me and my naive excitement.

Ah well, onwards and downwards. The next reading WILL be low........I hope

irish-colt

Dislikes
5.0 at 9:45

yesterday 135 grams of cabs 120 grams of protein , burned 1890 calories at fitness.
my number was 4.7 in the late afternood, the lowest since diagnosed :):):)

Well done. I like to see others doing that which I am trying to do.

Reactions: Liam1955

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done. I like to see others doing that which I am trying to do.

yes my morning numbers are going down slowly, it seems that it is hard to get them in the fours , which I of cause am aiming for like 4.5mmol is my goal
my liver is rather good at compensation every lowering in my blood glucose... maybe due to earlier times of disease in which I was starwing for very long periods, not on purpose but because of cronic and like automatic wommitting 24 hours a day...

Reactions: Prem51

LAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi folks. Gotta admit I was feeling chuffed this morning with my reading of 9.1.
But this afternoon, 3 hours after lunch (omelette and bacon) I got a ,drum roll pleaaasssse, reading of 8.3 !!!
This evening after dinner of salad, tomatoes and Salmon fillet, wait for it, a reading of 8.4

Looks like the diet is staring to kick in. Could still kill for a nice glass of wine. But promised I'd go a month and I've an appointment with the Doctor at the end of the month. That's my target. Going for it.

Meanwhile, thanks for ALL of the messages of support and the initial advice, quite a of which I have put into practice..

Going down, further to go.
Well done inspirational!

Reactions: Freema

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
6.0 or 109 mg/dl. I'm back from root canal and crown -still numb but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but did take 4 hours in all. Dentist said the root was really infected and I have to continue antibiotics for another week.

Last edited:

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 or 109 mg/dl. I'm back from root canal and crown -still numb but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but did take 4 hours in all. Dentist said the root was really infected and I have to continue antibiotics for another week.

4 hours God grief !!! wish you a good healing from now on...

Reactions: Cumberland

irish-colt

Dislikes
Hi folks. As you can imagine, I wasn't to pleased with my bloods this morning. But I'm realising that, as I said before, the pre breakfast pin stick might not be the one to get bent out of shape over.

So back to my routine. Unfortunately I had a 12:0 after lunch. Really p*^^ed me off. Took another sip of coffee and realised the problem. Shouldn't of had my coffee until after the blood letting

Not much I could do after that, so had to wait until the evening test and got a very nice 8.4. Yayyyyy

Still sticking to the low carb routine and other than having weird dreams about bathing in red wine, it seems to be doin fine.

So onwards and downwards. Hope you all have a good weekend with nice low numbers.

irish-colt

Dislikes

4 hours !! Sounds like hell. Hope the antibiotics kick I and the bloods recover. Enjoy the weekend