What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
when i take penicilinum / antibiotica I sometimes do get some minor kind of asthma...
Thanks Freema, I have lifelong moderate to severe asthma-many things set it off for me-apparently healing from root canal is one of them. I am much better this morning despite getting very little sleep last night.

Reactions: Cumberland

irish-colt

Dislikes
Ignorance being passed as expertise
Hi folks. Sorry I didn't post my numbers this morning, but up at 7:10 and out the door by 7:45. So here goes
9.4 mmol at 7:24am.
7.9 mmol at 12:58
7.8 mmol at 19.26

To say that I am delighted with these numbers is an understatement. The wife has also pointed out that tomorrow (Sunday) I will have been on this low carb / no carb diet for 14 days. The numbers aren't lying. Weight down, 7kg,and my sugars have also dropped. Must admit to being a bit frustrated the first week as there was nothing doing with the bloods, but starting to see the benefits now.

Also some of the advice I have received made me realise that it's not just about diet choice. Things like stress, understanding when to take your readings......and when not too. Reading the comments of people who have been here, done, this and came out the other side with proper numbers.......even after root canal treatment and asthma attacks () others that have reversed T2 and are still controlling it. Even the ones who just get on with it and are prepared to help, support and encourage Newbies.

So have a good weekend folks. Enjoy your Sunday lay in,and roast, and potatoes and dessert and wines......someday soon

Onwards and downwards

irish-colt

Dislikes
Ignorance being passed as expertise
Ah, are you having sugar in your coffee? For most of us coffee will not send our blood sugar up much. Have a great weekend.
To be fair, it was my 3rd creamy cup of the brown nectar. Just never put 2 and 2 together.....until I was sipping my coffee, looking at my readings and wondering what I had done wrong. Learning curve, learning curve. :)