What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Hi folks. As you can imagine, I wasn't to pleased with my bloods this morning. But I'm realising that, as I said before, the pre breakfast pin stick might not be the one to get bent out of shape over.

So back to my routine. Unfortunately I had a 12:0 after lunch. Really p*^^ed me off. Took another sip of coffee and realised the problem. Shouldn't of had my coffee until after the blood letting

Not much I could do after that, so had to wait until the evening test and got a very nice 8.4. Yayyyyy

Still sticking to the low carb routine and other than having weird dreams about bathing in red wine, it seems to be doin fine.

So onwards and downwards. Hope you all have a good weekend with nice low numbers.
Ah, are you having sugar in your coffee? For most of us coffee will not send our blood sugar up much. Have a great weekend.

cyafxe

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi ,I will like to explain my status according blood sugar. I never took medicines about 11 years now but I am taking only herbals tablets ,tea ,...My blood sugar during morning is about 135-175 mg/dl. HbA1C from5,9-5,7. I am doing walking 1 our almost every day , I don't eat sweets .my high is 1.70 and i am. 68 kg And also HDL 51. and LDL 102 . I don't know how to reduce morning blood sugar .General I feel well . And 1 am 54 years

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Hi ,I will like to explain my status according blood sugar. I never took medicines about 11 years now but I am taking only herbals tablets ,tea ,...My blood sugar during morning is about 135-175 mg/dl. HbA1C from5,9-5,7. I am doing walking 1 our almost every day , I don't eat sweets .my high is 1.70 and i am. 68 kg And also HDL 51. and LDL 102 . I don't know how to reduce morning blood sugar .General I feel well . And 1 am 54 years
Hi! I will tag a moderator for you. @azure, @himtoo, @AndBreathe, @catherinecherub,

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
7.1 which I'm nòt over the moon with, but considering I had to contend with an afternoon tea party yesterday and had KFC for tea, I thought not too bad.
Hi Coopsman my grandson was diagnosed T1 and in last 18 months has been on a diabetic course with our local health service they learn you how to count your carbs in the foods you eat and them you calculate how much insulin you need to give yourself.He's gone from no control to perfect control hope its helpful.