What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@asparagusp - Hi :). Stopped using artificial sweeteners at the weekend in hot drinks. And GP started me on Naproxen 2 weeks ago, I wonder? could this be having an effect on my blood sugars?

maybe if your inflamation in your body has gone down be using Naproxen then your fasting blood glucose will maybe also go down

A

asparagusp

@asparagusp - Hi :). Stopped using artificial sweeteners at the weekend in hot drinks. And GP started me on Naproxen 2 weeks ago, I wonder? could this be having an effect on my blood sugars?
I posted this in the other thread Liam - http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20140917/artificial-sweeteners-blood-sugar#1 to back up your theory. A lesson to many here!

Also Naproxen seems not to raise nor lower presumably fasting blood sugar - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1401608/ However you body maybe in less pain with taking it so less stress and therefore less sugar in your blood.

Last edited by a moderator:

irish-colt

Dislikes
Ignorance being passed as expertise
Hi folks. Started on my pre and apres dinner blood letting week today. One little bitty incy wincy, barely noticeable mistake. When making dinner DO NOT continually sample the sauce and food your cooking EVEN if your just making sure everything is fine. Never trust a skinny chef sounds so true.

Any hoo, here are the readings :- 10.0 mmol pre dinner
After my meal of salad and fish :- 9.4 mmol One hour after dinner
Thankfully tomorrow is a new day and I can start all over again.

Onwards and downwards.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Hi folks. Started on my pre and apres dinner blood letting week today. One little bitty incy wincy, barely noticeable mistake. When making dinner DO NOT continually sample the sauce and food your cooking EVEN if your just making sure everything is fine. Never trust a skinny chef sounds so true.

Any hoo, here are the readings :- 10.0 mmol pre dinner
After my meal of salad and fish :- 9.4 mmol One hour after dinner
Thankfully tomorrow is a new day and I can start all over again.

Onwards and downwards.
You learn so fast! It took many of us years to figure out that every bite when you are cooking does add to your blood glucose.

irish-colt

Dislikes
Ignorance being passed as expertise
After the mistake with "sampling " the dinner whilst cooking, I decided to have a wee glass of wine with "She who must be obeyed" and the daughter. 4 glasses later I tottered off to bed and expected the worst this morning.

Taa Daa, my bloods were 6.9 mmol at 7:50 am.

Now where have I hid those bottles of wine. :)

Onwards and downwards.

J-Bee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Mine was up again this morning - last 3 days 4.9, 5.7, 6.2. I really don't understand why it is going up and can only think the day before's carbs has an impact - had about 60g yesterday compare to 38 on Sunday. Can anyone comment on their experience, please as this is still new. Thanks

I was only diagnosed just over a month ago