What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 on waking - average 5.7 overnight now rising to 6.8 without any food.

I had a late night snack yesterday at that point I was recording 4.9 . One thing I have noticed from the libre sensor is that when I eat after 10.00 pm the effect is very different to earlier. Earlier in the evening, low carb food creates a small spike but returns to lower lows. After 10.00 pm there is no spike , instead the meter rose from 4.9 to high 5's where it simply stayed all night and gave higher morning readings as well. I have noticed this phenomenon before - I guess that reinforces " don't late night snack " its soooo hard this !

On the plus side since I added coffee bullets into my diet my dawn phenonemon seems to have got a bit better.

A

asparagusp

Mixed readings for the last 2 and 1/2 weeks, some scary fasting. Different diet in France and eating post Christmas treats through boredom, incredibly cold weather, stress, colds and having stopped my supplements too throughout that period. I even raised the Lantus by one unit to try to restore my normal readings with little effect ..... I resumed my supplements yesterday. The last couple of days readings however have been not too bad. 6.3 yesterday and 6.0 today!

irish-colt

Dislikes
Ignorance being passed as expertise
Hi folks. But rushed this morning so no time to post. Managed to get 2 readings yesterday under 8. Yayyy
Pre lunch it was 7.5mmol
2 hours after dinner it was 7.7 mmol

This morning I got my first sub 9 reading,so staring to get to where I should be pre breakfast
It was 8.8mmol at 8:03am
Pre lunch it was 7.8mmol
2 hours after dinner it's 8.2 mmol

That's also the end of my low carb/no carb fortnight diet. I can now start to introduce some carbs into my everyday diet, but I need to keep them under 20 carbs a day....so pretty limited. I still took my salad for dinner with some chicken, now I just need to see what I can eat with the salad and take it from there.

As per a suggestion that I received from our friend in the States, I'm going to start pin sticking pre-dinner and again about 60 minutes later to see how that effects my readings.

Onwards and downwards