Good Morning

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah not everyone has a BMI of 17 or no woman or no job or no car and type 1 diabetes and broke and can't afford even to eat anything or stays awake in pain and anxiety every night!!!!!!

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
25/1 - Good Morning from a Sunny but cold York. Hugs sent to those who are poorly :). My turn to have a 'moan' - going Food Shopping this afternoon, and those of you that know me! Not my favourite chore!
Hope everyone has a good day :).

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
25/1 - Good Morning from a Sunny but cold York. Hugs sent to those who are poorly :). My turn to have a 'moan' - going Food Shopping this afternoon, and those of you that know me! Not my favourite chore!
Hope everyone has a good day :).
Good morning @Liam1955. How you doing?

Reactions: Sable_Jan

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@jonniey - Hello :). Don't suffer in silence, I agree with the other posters - you must go and see your GP and tell him/her how you are feeling and hopefully you will receive treatment and/or some type of counselling.:)

Reactions: Sable_Jan

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good Morning :) @tina_marie I am feeling good today in myself and pain is bearable. How are you? And how is @eldergarth ? Has Ron got his wheels yet? Did he get the Butec Patches increased to 20mg?
Like your Avatar - are they the ones you are sending me? = I will return the empty tin to you :D

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Good Morning :) @tina_marie I am feeling good today in myself and pain is bearable. How are you? And how is @eldergarth ? Has Ron got his wheels yet? Did he get the Butec Patches increased to 20mg?
Still waiting for his wheels. No he's still on 10. Got one more patch to go for next week then probably get it upped. There not giving him any relief . Well he says there taking the edge off so he's still taking the Co_ dydramol. How are they for you.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My point is die or live, why be tortured everyday by some stupid disease????? Look dr Bernstein had diabetes for 72 years, for what????? What a waste of life.
@jonniey I disagree but I can hear your pain. Your upset is shoutting out loud. I'm listening.
I'm glad you posted but try and be aware of the upset your causing others too.
Your selfishness is needed to treat your depression which will never work when hampered by alcohol. Treat the alcohol problem first then depression and diabetes will tow the line. I assure you of that.
Some people just have to get help to stop the alcohol dependance TOTALLY. Withstain totally and never go there again. Its worth the trade. Life never looks good through stale alcoholic eyes. That is a guarantee.
Your good morning is there. We need to help you see yours hun.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@tina_marie - Ron needs something more stronger? To subdue the pain - not just to take the edge off. Pain wears you down, makes you feel drained of energy, creates Depression, makes me feel bad-tempered and sends Blood Pressure up and Blood Sugars too. My Pain today is bearable - just changed the Butec Patch this morning to wearing No.4 patch. But, since GP introduced Naproxen it has helped even though it's only been a fortnight. Every little bit helps to make pain more manageable, I am still wearing the Heat Patches - and will buy more today from Home Bargains. Has Ron tried them?
When the weather starts to get warmer, the degree of pain will start to ease = here's hoping!!:)
Good Morning Vicky - @ickihun :)

Last edited:

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
@tina_marie - Ron needs something more stronger? To subdue the pain - not just to take the edge off. Pain wears you down, makes you feel drained of energy, creates Depression, makes me feel bad-tempered and sends Blood Pressure up and Blood Sugars too. My Pain today is bearable - just changed the Butec Patch this morning to wearing No.4 patch. But, since GP introduced Naproxen it has helped even though it's only been a fortnight. Every little bit helps to make pain more manageable, I am still wearing the Heat Patches - and will buy more today from Home Bargains. Has Ron tried them?
When the weather starts to get warmer, the degree of pain will start to ease = here's hoping!!:)
Ron's been getting high readings to. Yet when I asked the Dr if they do things like that he said no. So wait till we get back to see him. Ron has problems with heat . He can't function his body goes stiff , already this morning his left leg wouldn't move . Both lower legs are swollen and left foot goes blue. Fingers crossed that his appointment in March with neurologist will sort him out.

D

debrasue

That's uncalled for . We're suppose to help and support not criticize.
I agree with that in principle, Tina, but when you consider where @mist is coming from and the issues he has tackled in his own life, I think he's entitled to voice his opinion. I also think that @jonniey seems to have problems that we aren't able to help him with on the forum, however supportive we might want to be.

D

debrasue

Yeah not everyone has a BMI of 17 or no woman or no job or no car and type 1 diabetes and broke and can't afford even to eat anything or stays awake in pain and anxiety every night!!!!!!
I hear you, @jonniey, but I'm also hearing a lot of subtext. Any attention is better than no attention, huh?
I think that when you are truly ready to help yourself and tackle the issue that you know is creating most of your problems, then you'll find that almost all of those problems simply disappear of their own accord.
I'm not saying that life will be easy, and of course you'll still be T1, but you will have a focus and a daily goal and you'll find - as millions of people have done before you - that life IS a blessing and is worth living.
Good luck in the fight with your demons - and Happy Birthday!
Hugs

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@tina_marie - Ron needs something more stronger? To subdue the pain - not just to take the edgeisoff. Pain wears you down, makes you feel drained of energy, creates Depression, makes me feel bad-tempered and sends Blood Pressure up and Blood Sugars too. My Pain today is bearable - just changed the Butec Patch this morning to wearing No.4 patch. But, since GP introduced Naproxen it has helped even though it's only been a fortnight. Every little bit helps to make pain more manageable, I am still wearing the Heat Patches - and will buy more today from Home Bargains. Has Ron tried them?
I'm yet to be told i have arthritis but i was given naproxen to be took off it because of heart complaint. I might end up back on it if i get cleared of a condition rather than mild heart disease. :) 2nd tablet used to upset my tummy. Others started with breathlessness on it too. Just be aware if anything develops hun.
Codeine just stops me crying in pain but pain worse off and on. Codeine at ingestion period makes me giggle. Ha ha
Is naproxen just for arthritis?
Seeing physio again on 16th feb. Was given upper body stretches for now.
Wish heart quiz all resolved so I can get on with making walking club arrangements. My bike is sitting around too. if not breathless getting ready for a swim I'd be back there too. Very very frustrating!

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I agree with that in principle, Tina, but when you consider where @mist is coming from and the issues he has tackled in his own life, I think he's entitled to voice his opinion. I also think that @jonniey seems to have problems that we aren't able to help him with on the forum, however supportive we might want to be.
I just didn't like his comment that's all.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@ickihun - Vicky,
Naproxen is a NSAID (Non-Steriod Anti-Inflammatory Drug) can be prescribed for a number of conditions: Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Back Pains/Problems, and even Gout I see?
It works by reducing inflammation relieving pain, swelling and stiffness in a number of conditions.
I am seeing my GP tomorrow afternoon and he will ask if the Naproxen is off benefit - and I think it is helping.
As for this bloody Ankle/Foot????? Your guess is as good as mine? Off out now. Bye :D

D

debrasue

@ickihun - Vicky,
Naproxen is a NSAID (Non-Steriod Anti-Inflammatory Drug) can be prescribed for a number of conditions: Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Back Pains/Problems, and even Gout I see?
It works by reducing inflammation relieving pain, swelling and stiffness in a number of conditions.
I am seeing my GP tomorrow afternoon and he will ask if the Naproxen is off benefit - and I think it is helping.
As for this bloody Ankle/Foot????? Your guess is as good as mine? Off out now. Bye :D
It might be something as simple as the fact that the knock you gave it set up a bit of oedema, which in a non-diabetic person would have probably dispersed by now. But circulatory issues relating to diabetes can make healing a low slower, especially in the feet and legs. Do you think it might be that? xx

M

mist

I just didn't like his comment that's all.

Deal with it. I'm entitled to my opinion just like anyone else. Freedom of speech.

I stand by my comment. I work with dying children who don't complain half as much as some people on here. Suck it up!

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Deal with it. I'm entitled to my opinion just like anyone else. Freedom of speech.

I stand by my comment. I work with dying children who don't complain half as much as some people on here. Suck it up!
There's a big difference between freedom of speech and abuse

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

@mist we get the picture but if we all stopped talking about our upsets, where would the world be?
Its important to listen.