The Power of Positivity

D

debrasue

Welcome to the thread!

As diabetics, we often have more than our fair share of pain, frustration, diverse medical issues, neuropathic complications, dietary issues, medication conundrums, negativity and depression to deal with, on top of dealing with diabetes itself. And as a result, it's all too easy to get bogged down in a spiralling vortex of bleakness and despair. And that is a dark place for anyone to be for long.

This is a new thread intended to give us a little respite from that relentless negativity and an opportunity to celebrate all that is positive in our lives. Please feel free to post anything that made you smile, or gave you a warm, fuzzy feeling, no matter how brief. It can be something personal that happened to you today, or something you saw, or it could be a happy memory, a beautiful picture, an uplifting poem, a funny comment or joke, or simply the fact that you watched the sun rise this morning. It could be a piece of writing, a drawing, or a photograph.

Let's make this a place where anyone can come to feel better, no matter how briefly. A place to take time out to bask in the sunshine for a while and reflect on the good things that we can sometimes forget are out there. There's only one rule: let's leave anything negative at the door - check it in with your hat and coat!

Last edited by a moderator:

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Just back from taking our Autistic son out to lunch. He loves KFC and just watching him taking each piece of chicken out, studying it, smelling it, then finally eating it with huge relish, made me happy. It is so easy to forget the pleasure that food can bring and just because I can't eat KFC doesn't mean that I can't enjoy watching my lovely son relish his lunch. Small things make him happy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
From my son today,:happy:
There's only one lady who deserves a bunch of flowers from me tomorrow...

My mum!
1f49a.png

And a second voicemail message from my grandson thanking me for his birthday money, one day I will be able to see him again, one day................:happy:

Reactions: Lorraine deer
D

debrasue

Just back from taking our Autistic son out to lunch. He loves KFC and just watching him taking each piece of chicken out, studying it, smelling it, then finally eating it with huge relish, made me happy. It is so easy to forget the pleasure that food can bring and just because I can't eat KFC doesn't mean that I can't enjoy watching my lovely son relish his lunch. Small things make him happy
That one scores a full five smiles, Anna! :):):):):)

D

debrasue

From my son today,:happy:
There's only one lady who deserves a bunch of flowers from me tomorrow...

My mum!
1f49a.png

And a second voicemail message from my grandson thanking me for his birthday money, one day I will be able to see him again, one day................:happy:
Awww..... that one scores a full five smiles, too, Robs (and produced a lump in my throat!)
:):):):):)

Reactions: chris lowe

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Lovely thread Debs

Lovely contributions too

Hold on a minute someone mentioned KFC mmmmmmmmm

Boneless banquet please

Reactions: chris lowe

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
We (R &I) were the First ones asked yesterday if we would 'Babysit' for Florence at the weekend whilst her Mum & Dad go out for the first time in over 3 months - since Florence was born. We are really looking forward to looking after her for the evening. :)

Reactions: donnellysdogs
D

debrasue

We (R &I) were the First ones asked yesterday if we would 'Babysit' for Florence at the weekend whilst her Mum & Dad go out for the first time in over 3 months - since Florence was born. We are really looking forward to looking after her for the evening. :)
What an honour to be asked! She's the most precious thing in her mum and dad's lives and you are the ones they want to keep her safe - that's very special! And you are going to SO enjoy having her all to yourselves. That just has to have a five smiles award...
:):):):):)

N

NicolaB70

After Having had my son and his girlfriend round for Sunday lunch, receiving a text from my son saying "thank you, your awesome" on Sunday evening and an even better one from his girlfriend last night, having got my phone number from my son, saying "thank you so much for a lovely meal and making me feel so much at home and part of your family". It brought a big smile to my face.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
My future wife Molly 56,who has had a very bad time past year or two with a disagreeable (ex) partner,we are now looking forwards to getting married later this year...just putting together a valentine dinner and special treats for her,she has made me Happy again,without this forum and friends........we would not be together,so here's to all our lovely posters new and old,Happy Valentine to you all

N

NicolaB70

My future wife Molly 56,who has had a very bad time past year or two with a disagreeable (ex) partner,we are now looking forwards to getting married later this year...just putting together a valentine dinner and special treats for her,she has made me Happy again,without this forum and friends........we would not be together,so here's to all our lovely posters new and old,Happy Valentine to you all
Congratulations to you @Clivethedrive and @Molly56, how lovely

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My future wife Molly 56,who has had a very bad time past year or two with a disagreeable (ex) partner,we are now looking forwards to getting married later this year...

You kept that a bit quiet, unless I have missed something :)

Many congratulations to you both, I wish you much happiness together.

D

debrasue

After Having had my son and his girlfriend round for Sunday lunch, receiving a text from my son saying "thank you, your awesome" on Sunday evening and an even better one from his girlfriend last night, having got my phone number from my son, saying "thank you so much for a lovely meal and making me feel so much at home and part of your family". It brought a big smile to my face.
Awww, that is really lovely to hear, Nicola! :):):)

Last edited by a moderator:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
IMG_1487081520.642960.jpg

Every Friday without fail.

Also a daily positive journal.

It has helped me significantly on my recent medical journey....

Making stupid things to relax too!!
IMG_1487081666.358819.jpg

IMG_1487081686.558770.jpg

IMG_1487081703.075295.jpg

When 4 out of 5 days a week for past 16 months have been filled with appointments at hospitals its been quite negative but my cancer therapists have given and enabled much more positive thought processes. wish the diabetes units could establish something similar...

Congrats to Clive and Mollie!! Brilliant happy news to go in my journal for today!!