Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As a youngster my eldest daughter was convinced she had a dodo in her wardrobe. She was quite an old teen before she realised they were in fact extinct. (She's not the sharpest knife in the drawer) She also thought the Romans came from Romania and horses would soon be extinct as we used them in wars

Reactions: Cumberland
M

mist

As a youngster my eldest daughter was convinced she had a dodo in her wardrobe. She was quite an old teen before she realised they were in fact extinct. (She's not the sharpest knife in the drawer) She also thought the Romans came from Romania and horses would soon be extinct as we used them in wars

ROFL :joyful:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I'm against this...

M

mist

A mammoth is just a fluffy heffalump, I'd be more interested in seeing a T-Rex :woot:

Jokes aside, this technology does have practical and very useful applications. Animals that are currently on the verge of extinction or endagered such as giraffes and big cats could have their numbers significantly increased without the reliance on current breeding programs, which are effective, but slow.

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Wouldn't it be wonderful if by re-creating some creature from the past they could find a cure for Diabetes!!

M

mist

Wouldn't it be wonderful if by re-creating some creature from the past they could find a cure for Diabetes!!

More important things need curing first.

A lot of work is being done recently on degenerative brain disorders like Parkinson's from research obtained from animal brains, most notably sharks.

Medical science is moving along at a brisk pace that's for sure.

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
More important things need curing first.

A lot of work is being done recently on degenerative brain disorders like Parkinson's from research obtained from animal brains, most notably sharks.

Medical science is moving along at a brisk pace that's for sure.
I know there are more important things mist.... but if it were to happen it would not necessarily stop anything else being cured... for instance Psoriasis.... where there is very little study done...it doesn't kill enough people. PS I have chronic Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis! It isn't a matter of work...more a matter of want!

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
My daughter is studying comparative cognition - between marine mammals and humans.. Its a really fascinating area..

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
While it would be fascinating I think it would be detrimental to the current world's ecosystems. It is one thing to bring back creatures we hunted to extinction that could perhaps slip back into the wild but if climate change or lack of prey was the cause then....what. We would have to change so much more of our world just to aid the new species which may impact current ones.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)

Reminds when I was a kid and watched westerns (cowboys and indians) I couldn't understand why the indians didn't live in India lol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I suppose it could generate new food sources but you would have to sort out who ate who.