Dexcom CGM

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Do you have any more info about this @CapnGrumpy? I'm currently researching to decide which pump I want and think I'm going to go for the Animas and change from my libre to Dexcom, I'm wondering if it might be worth hanging on for this so I can use my iPhone.
You don't need to move onto an Animas pump to do that Beccy. You can just buy the G5 transmitter and some sensors.

CapnGrumpy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Last I heard, it was due out some time this year, but no actual date. The pump coordinator at my hospital also said that they had an internal approval process that needed to be completed by the hospital before the new pump would be available to patients. That was in December. At the time (partly because my pump is self-funded) I didn't want to wait so I finally get an Animas Vibe tomorrow. There should be an Animas rep there, so will ask.

As Tim wrote, you can use the G5 with just the transmitter, sensor, and an iPhone. Not sure if it's still on, but I believe Dexcom were doing an offer of 1 transmitter and 1 sensor for £150.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Last I heard, it was due out some time this year, but no actual date.
There was discussion late last year about it being announced, but I seem to recall they were talking about August 2017 or so. I think it rather depends on the decisions being made in J&J's review of what they do with their pump division.

CapnGrumpy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OK - no Animas rep at the pump thing today, but they were in a fortnight ago. The word on the street is that the G5 Animas pump will be launched <drum roll> "some time this year!"