LC and veggie for February, meal ideas please :)

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So two days to catch up on!

Firstly breakfast- Aldi do a ground seed and goji berry sprinkle that is great with yog throw a couple of berries into about 30g of sprinkle and some seeds and it's great. 10g about.

Lunch has been soup Thursday (celeriac and Apple 8g) and a muffin 5g and nothing Friday (half day at work)

Dinner Thursday was left over curry from Tuesday followed by cream and berries, last night I had sweetcorn fitters (egg, 1/2 can sweetcorn,spring onion and cheese) a Waitrose veggie burger (23g) and coleslaw and avocado. 30g which I gave 1u for.

Thursday carbs 40g because I had an apple!

Friday carbs 50g as I hypoed doing the shopping.

This morning I've woken with a good low 3.3 which was stubborn to move. I've already had 30g of carbs but I won't include those I don't think or maybe just half ? Thoughts @avocado?

Reactions: Avocado Sevenfold
A

Avocado Sevenfold

@Engineer88 I can't comment on anything to do with carbs/insulin as I know nothing. Foodwise, it looks very tasty. Are you happy that you are getting enough fat and protein in your day?

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Engineer88 I can't comment on anything to do with carbs/insulin as I know nothing. Foodwise, it looks very tasty. Are you happy that you are getting enough fat and protein in your day?

Protein is probably lower than I've ever had before, but I generally feel ok at the moment. I tend to go by if I'm hungry eat, if not don't. Example after dinner tonight (dragonfly bubble and sqeak tatty, cauliflower cheese mash, carrot and beetroot roasted 35g) I felt like I needed something so a low carb muffin 5g with some cream hit the spot!

Lunch was sweetcorn fritters from last night and coleslaw. 10g

50g total

Reactions: Avocado Sevenfold

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Engineer88 I had to google the Dragonfly bubble and squeak. It looks amazing :hungry:

Amazing is a bit of a stretch lol!

Today 1/2 and Apple with nuts and yog 13g

No lunch

Veggie nut roast made myself (nuts seeds 2x egg carrot and mushroom) green beans, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, 2x Yorkshire puds 15g total maybe? Mostly nuts ...

30g total :)

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I missed a day I think,

Chia pudding 15g

Soup 10g

Egg mayo on sukrin bread 5g

30g total

Aldi sprinkles and Greek yog 10g

Egg mayo and an apple 20g

Satay tofu and stir fry veg 1 spoon of egg fry rice 15g

45g total

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Several days missed but I have been sticking to it! apologies for Missing days, I've been really poorly for about 10 days :( virus with an ulcered throat lead to soup and eggs a lot!

Highlight was a rainbow pizza which was very tasty!

Reactions: Chook and Brunneria

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear, have you got the Dread Plague? The one with many symptoms that lasts for weeks, and just when you thought it was over, it starts all over again?

What was in your rainbow pizza? sounds intriguing!

Reactions: Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Several days missed but I have been sticking to it! apologies for Missing days, I've been really poorly for about 10 days :( virus with an ulcered throat lead to soup and eggs a lot!

Highlight was a rainbow pizza which was very tasty!

Well done for surviving the Plague Bug - my husband has had it on and off since Christmas.

That rainbow pizza looks amazing - what toppings did you use?