LC and veggie for February, meal ideas please :)

MaxRebo001

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My personal favorite crustless quiche

4 eggs
100g of double cream or creme fraiche
100g of grated chese i use a stong cheddar or grueyre
2 spring onions
Large handful of spinach or 5 frozen spinach balls defrosted and squeezed

Whisk eggs and add the cream or creme fraiche

If using gresh spinach coarsely cut up and wilt down in a saucepan

Add the spinach and remaining ingredients

Mix it all to gether and season

Light oil a pan pour in mixture and cook at 180 degrees for 20-25 mins until the middle has set and the quiche os golden brown

Let it cool and enjoy.

Most of the time though its gone before it cools :)

Reactions: Angelofthemarches
A

Avocado Sevenfold

@Engineer88 Not long to go now! :woot:

Have you made a meal plan for the week or will you be winging it?

Good luck. I am sure you will love your veggie, sugarless month :cat: x

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Avocado Sevenfold, I had everything planned including bulk making soups (red pepper +goat cheese, parsnip and cerlaiac and apple!) then work threw a massive spanner in the works.... I'm currently in France until late Friday. Therfore I figured the easiest/best would be delay until Saturday and go 28 days from there!

Sorry I know its not ideal...but I absolutely will complete the challenge length wise just with adjusted days :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

@Avocado Sevenfold, I had everything planned including bulk making soups (red pepper +goat cheese, parsnip and cerlaiac and apple!) then work threw a massive spanner in the works.... I'm currently in France until late Friday. Therfore I figured the easiest/best would be delay until Saturday and go 28 days from there!

Sorry I know its not ideal...but I absolutely will complete the challenge length wise just with adjusted days :)

Sounds like a good plan. If you spot any courgettes or aubergines in sunny France, bring them back!

davej1950

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gluten free cheese cake - handful of macadamia nuts, almonds and cashews, whizzed down to breadcrumbs sized, mix with melted butter for the base, to fridge to set. Tub of philly or equivalent and an equal quantity of greek yoghurt mixed together, spoon onto nut base decorate with strawberries or raspberries and try not to eat it all in one go.

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I brought back €30 of cheese.

Started today mostly fasting due to finding it easier previously. I broke fast at 6 and had a veggie curry which contained carrot cabbage mushroom broccoli green beans and some pepper.

I might follow with some cheese.

Reactions: Brunneria

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Day 2!
As I posted earlier on the what have you eaten today I started with brunch of mushroom tomato avocado and egg. (Carbs I counted 15ish for avocado)

For tea I had gosh beetroot burger, green beans and sliced almonds in butter and celeriac chips. (30g of carbs for gosh and beans)

Reactions: Brunneria

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Breakfast today chia pudding with pb and banana (1/2) there were more carbs in this than expected (darn rude health milk!!) so I spiked to 14. 30g total I think

Lunch red pepper soup with goats cheese. Made myself! Lc muffin also so again about 30g (yikes!)

Dinner needed to be super low carb. Spinach spring onion and pepper frittata with loads of cheese. No insulin given and bloods currently 4.4. So I'll count that as a slight win.

60-70g total for the day which is above target. Must try harder :(

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Breakfast today chia pudding with pb and banana (1/2) there were more carbs in this than expected (darn rude health milk!!) so I spiked to 14. 30g total I think

Was that the rude health almond milk? I just looked it up and it looks high carb for milk (10.5%). Would the Alpro one be suitable for you?

Reactions: Engineer88

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Was that the rude health almond milk? I just looked it up and it looks high carb for milk (10.5%). Would the Alpro one be suitable for you?

That's exactly it. It tastes the best in the nespresso machine hence I had some in the house, but ill get something different next time. I wondered why coffee spiked by bg so much *smh*

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was really tasty thanks! I did learn that you cant freeze it very well with the goat cheese in, went kindof funny looking but tasted ok :)

A blitz with the hand blender would probably have mixed everything back in smoothly.

Glad you liked it. :)

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Another day another headache!!

Breakfast was chia pudding (it gets made in batches) 30g looking forward to lower carb breakfast tomorrow!

Lunch was last nights tea again which worked beautifully I was stable 6's until I had an apple at about 4. About 15g of carbs as it was small

Dinner quorn chicken curry. Curry sauce out of a jar (butter chicken 8g carbs per 1/4 jar) and cauliflower rice

Total about 55g today.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yesterday was the 8th of the month... 4 days in and I feel truly awful. I have no idea what's going on but bg are very good (all under 10).

It might coincide with realising I forgot a couple of days of thyroxine (I don't normally feel this bad) or I could have picked something up. Either way it can do one now.

Yesterday breakfast was nuts and yog with about 6/8 blueberries. 15g

Lunch was soup, leek and sweet pot 1 sweet potato between 6 portions so about 10g plus a lc muffin 5g

Dinner was roast dinner )or veg and cauliflower gravy!) Plus 2 Yorkshire puds 8g.

Total about 40g

A

Avocado Sevenfold

@Engineer88 Is your February eating much lower carb than your usual way of eating? I wouldn't like to suggest keto flu as you have a lot going on there, but it might be playing a small part. Your meals look fab :)

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Engineer88 Is your February eating much lower carb than your usual way of eating? I wouldn't like to suggest keto flu as you have a lot going on there, but it might be playing a small part. Your meals look fab :)

Yes and no I would say, depends on the day. Could seriously sleep standing up it feels like!