Moderator Elections 2017: nominate your choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Gosh folks - thank you @therower and thank you @Brunneria for the nomination.

I'm not in a position to be able to give it the commitment it fully deserves so although I appreciate your having put my name forward I am going to decline. But thank you.

I think this forum has a great bunch of people and I have really found a home here. But I'm a user, a lurker, not a mover, not a shaker (not to mention I'm a picker, I'm a grinner, I'm a lover, and I'm a sinner - heck, some call me the Space Cowboy*).

*Actually no they don't.

I'll get me coat......... Apologies to the Steve Miller band while I'm at it!

;)

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Gosh folks - thank you @therower and thank you @Brunneria for the nomination.

I'm not in a position to be able to give it the commitment it fully deserves so although I appreciate your having put my name forward I am going to decline. But thank you.

The amount of effort you apply is really up to you. The admin team understand that this is voluntary and we all have busy lives. Therefore there is a reasonable amount of moderators so there is generally always someone available. For info I umm'd and ahh'd thinking I wouldn't be able to commit but the mod team are pretty good at just being there for the forum. Not sure what more to say

If you are interested do not exclude yourself, admin told us the requirements before the vote after the nominations closed so we could decide before the election if we wished to stand

Reactions: Struma

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
So just to keep this going can I suggest if someone have been nominated then there is no real need to re-nominate. If you want to second and give a reason why then that would be great but this isn't yet an election.

For me moderation is not necessarily about knowledge it is about steering a ship and making sure we all weather storms safely. There are so many great people on here so I understand it is hard just who to nominate

D

debrasue

So just to keep this going can I suggest if someone have been nominated then there is no real need to re-nominate. If you want to second and give a reason why then that would be great but this isn't yet an election.

For me moderation is not necessarily about knowledge it is about steering a ship and making sure we all weather storms safely. There are so many great people on here so I understand it is hard just who to nominate
I hope you'll continue to stand, @andcol - for my money, you do a great job and manage to maintain a human, witty and very approachable attitude while doing it.

Reactions: Liam1955 and Freema

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would like to nominate @bulkbiker if he has the time. He has dealt with some of the more "argumentative" and trollish posters with tact and diplomacy, well far more than I could ever manage anyway
I'm very flattered. but just think if I were a mod then you would all have to fast at least 3 days a week and cut out veggies for a week a month.. on a more serious note I think I am way to intolerant to do the job.. you guys can't hear me swearng when I read some posts so I'll excuse myself but would certainly add weight to the @Brunneria cause as she always makes me smile while educating me in the most non judgemental way.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The amount of effort you apply is really up to you. The admin team understand that this is voluntary and we all have busy lives. Therefore there is a reasonable amount of moderators so there is generally always someone available. For info I umm'd and ahh'd thinking I wouldn't be able to commit but the mod team are pretty good at just being there for the forum. Not sure what more to say

If you are interested do not exclude yourself, admin told us the requirements before the vote after the nominations closed so we could decide before the election if we wished to stand
Thank you @andcol for this explanation. Much appreciated!
:)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Thank You @Robinredbreast :). I am flattered, but my judgement would be clouded (taking too much pain relief at the moment) and I would insist on bringing back Capital Punishment for some:D.
All the present moderators get my Vote - they do a brilliant job.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think mods from other parts of the world would be a good idea so I would like to nominate @Mike D and @Indy51, I know she has declined but we may be able to persuade her to change her mind......
Also @Squire Fulwood and @sanguine are good level headed folks.......
Thanks for the mention but I must decline. I don't think I could do the job of a mod justice. I do not feel I could pay it the attention it deserves.

Reactions: Sable_Jan

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I would like to nominate @Enclave.
I remember the gracious way he accepted there had been some sort of an error that excluded him last time.
In addition, @satindoll, who gives wise counsel, and @Avocado Sevenfold, who has some amazing vegetarian / vegan advice.

Whilst I am honoured that someone considers me suitable I have to decline, family and personal health problems mean I would not be able to commit to the post either the time or attention it deserves.

I do agree though that @Enclave and @Avocado Sevenfold should be added to the list of nominees...

Status
Not open for further replies.