Lidl's High Protein Rolls

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They are loose, in the fresh bread baskets, labelled High Protein Rolls. 29p. Triangular, dark brown, covered with seeds.

Reactions: Freema

hebedeebies

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm off stuff like that at the moment, but I could only manage half before I felt stuffed.
Problem solved, half the size but same price.
Lidl Rolls.jpg
Lidl Rolls.jpg

Reactions: Prem51

SueNSW

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
OMG - I sooooooo wish we had Lidl in Australia - spent 3 years in France between 2011 and 2013 and loved shopping there - these rolls sound fantastic

Reactions: Prem51 and Freema

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And now - 4 for one pound!!
I bought 4 as that was all that was left - and I know that if I had been able to buy more I'd have munched my way through them in a couple of days - I can resist anything but temptation.
I'll be going back tomorrow to see if they are still on offer.

Csarscott

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Where are people finding these, my local Lidl don't have them. I emailed lidl customer service and was told they are not currently available in stores!

Reactions: Freema

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They only ever have a few in our store - no offers though :-( Does yours have an instore bakery? I think they are baked on the premises

SueNSW

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
They only ever have a few in our store - no offers though :-( Does yours have an instore bakery? I think they are baked on the premises
Certainly when I shopped at Lidl in France - and Germany, all the stores had an inhouse baking machine and sold a variety of rolls loose. I loved the pumpkin seed ones, but of course didn't have diabetes diagnosed back then. Guess I presumed all Lidls were set up the same way - much as Aldi do here in Australia

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lidl in Melton Mowbray only had a few in the basket so I asked an assistant to cook some more and they were happy to do so, took just 20 minutes. He did query why I wanted 20 rolls, explained about diabetes and he was very interested also the shop is about 30 minutes drive from home so I stock up. OH has decided to do LCHF now so I will need more rolls in future.

SueNSW

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I hope Lidl's do come here to Australia, as it will shake the Colesworth monopoly up.

Aldi's have three stores here in Bundaberg and are doing very well against them.

Some old news here: http://thenewdaily.com.au/money/your-budget/2016/09/30/lidl-australia/
Yes it seems that Lidl have been on the horizon for a while now, but not getting any closer unfortunately........Most of my shopping is at Aldi (not sure how many they have in the Newcastle and surrounding areas - but there are lots) with just occasional top ups at Coles and Woolies. I know our population is so much smaller than many of the European countries, but I can't get over the number and the range of products that they have in the countries I've experienced recently - particularly Britain and France.

Reactions: AM1874 and Prem51

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good morning all my friends I have 4 lidl's rolls each day with different fillings,have to get to the shop when they first open otherwise they are all gone,there's so many people with diabetes in my town,the odd ones out are the people that haven't got it:D
has anyone any idea how long I can keep them in the freezer for please:)

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all my friends I have 4 lidl's rolls each day with different fillings,have to get to the shop when they first open otherwise they are all gone,there's so many people with diabetes in my town,the odd ones out are the people that haven't got it:D
has anyone any idea how long I can keep them in the freezer for please:)

I buy in bulk, at least a dozen at a time and most days I have half of one for breakfast so they last approx 2/3 weeks . I get one from the freezer and zap it on defrost in microwave for a couple of minutes and it. Ones out as fresh as the day it was bought.

Reactions: wiseowl_123

Pauline2015

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After reading about the lidl rolls I went to get some this afternoon and they had all gone! A man working there said they go really quickly, so I have to go to lidl tomorrow morning at 8am! On my day off work :(
You can freeze them they are still good after being frozen!
Tried the Livlife today, a really tasty ham and cheese sandwich and a creamy coffee... Spike of less than 1 mmol/L so a resounding success. Added to my must have shopping list.

sarah_chadwick

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
we have a Lidl on our doorstep so I regularly pop in for these rolls, I love them toasted with either peanut butter (if I want a sweet fix) or toasted with cheese melted under the grill - yummy :happy:

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Went into Lidl yesterday evening and were surprised to find 2 rolls left. So got a bread bag, put the rolls into it, only to find the bottom of the bag wasn't sealed and they both landed on the floor

Reactions: Ultramum

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Went into Lidl yesterday evening and were surprised to find 2 rolls left. So got a bread bag, put the rolls into it, only to find the bottom of the bag wasn't sealed and they both landed on the floor

That happened to me once. I just picked them up and bought them anyway, but I do toast them. I'm still alive. :)

Reactions: Ultramum

LidiaS

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
http://www.livlifefoods.co.uk/

I have several of these loaves in my freezer, really nice bread and even lower carb than lidl rolls (which I love too) Waitrose is the only stockist nearby, £1.59 a loaf.