The Power of Positivity

D

debrasue

This morning, an early walk on the beach. Only intended to try an walk for 10 mins, ended up walking a mile to the village. I haven't been able to do that since my cancer treatment finished three years ago.

Also signed up for free Open Uni course on Gene Therapy, something close to my heart. Yesterday I was depressed, after my therapy, my mind was cleared.

Two things accomplished.
A very positive and inspirational post - thank you @ladybird64 !! Congratulations on your walk, and on signing up for the course. I did an OU course on Psychology a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.
:):):):)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
After two weeks sick with hubby at home, he is not under the patio.

He has admitted that he needs to think about getting hobbies and interests outside of home with me for the future.

This for me is hugely positive.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
A very positive and inspirational post - thank you @ladybird64 !! Congratulations on your walk, and on signing up for the course. I did an OU course on Psychology a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.
:):):):)
Me too, only it was back in 1978 and I had to rise for 5.30am to watch the lectures on BBC2 in black and white :D

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
In a couple hours, im off to do a Mensa IQ test - just out of interest really! As someone who left school without a qualification to my name (childhood illness), I feel that far too many adults are judged on qualifications alone, perceived intelligence, rather than on their true ability.
Im also a very nervous person by nature, and the fact I'm not bricking it, is definitely something positive!:D

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Me too, only it was back in 1978 and I had to rise for 5.30am to watch the lectures on BBC2 in black and white :D

I remember those! I was 14, and used to wonder what the men in slightly crumpled shirts, kipper ties, and invariably a beard were waffling about!

Reactions: donnellysdogs

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That's right @ladybird64 they certainly weren't chosen for their charisma, or teaching ability. One guy with a droning, inflection-free voice, bottle end glasses and a comb-over used to look downwards, at his notes, throughout the entire lecture. I frequently nodded off during his lectures :)

Reactions: Cumberland

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

Omg.... I remember those 5.30 lectures so well now you've mentioned them!!

Crikey!! That was dedication....

Reactions: Cumberland

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It took me years to get that degree! With OU back then you could take as long as you needed within reason, I sat my exams at the uni in the nearest city to where I lived and had a tutor of sorts (telephone mostly, very few meetings) who lectured there. I also had a husband, two babies and part-time voluntary work! Ah to be young! Couldn't do it now

D

debrasue

In a couple hours, im off to do a Mensa IQ test - just out of interest really! As someone who left school without a qualification to my name (childhood illness), I feel that far too many adults are judged on qualifications alone, perceived intelligence, rather than on their true ability.
Im also a very nervous person by nature, and the fact I'm not bricking it, is definitely something positive!:D
Good luck with the test - well done! I'm sure you'll enjoy it and it will give you a real boost. :):)

D

debrasue

I remember those! I was 14, and used to wonder what the men in slightly crumpled shirts, kipper ties, and invariably a beard were waffling about!
Ah, yes - the evocative kipper tie & beard combo... You knew they were boffins before they even opened their mouths!
500px-Mathew_Brady_1875_cropped.jpg

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Saturday posititivity... hubby able to go to gym.. first time in two weeks and I've found some time to myself to update the inside of an old cupboard. Still got more to do...

Enjoying total "me" time...

2234b6a41cbfc3309f2791f8e8e8afae.jpg

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Right I'm fed-up with the Negativity (-) of yesterday, today will be a Positive Day (+) no matter what. I have a new mac , matching floaty scarf a sturdy rain hat, all of which I'll need for an hour long walk planned for later ! but at least I'll be dry.
I can't quite reproduce the battle cry of the Valkyrie women on here, but you get the picture? Forward!!!!!

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I wanted to say how proud I was of my son during our break. I won't go into detail here but we had to make a sudden change to our travel plans. During the whole time my son was cool as a cucumber, he accepted the change straight away and we even managed to make the most of our waiting time by making a detour to the Lego store :) He also challenged himself by eating different things while we were away and even went out to the shop on his own to get a drink!

D

debrasue

Right I'm fed-up with the Negativity (-) of yesterday, today will be a Positive Day (+) no matter what. I have a new mac , matching floaty scarf a sturdy rain hat, all of which I'll need for an hour long walk planned for later ! but at least I'll be dry.
I can't quite reproduce the battle cry of the Valkyrie women on here, but you get the picture? Forward!!!!!
Good for you, Anna - you got this!!!
latest

Reactions: donnellysdogs
D

debrasue

I wanted to say how proud I was of my son during our break. I won't go into detail here but we had to make a sudden change to our travel plans. During the whole time my son was cool as a cucumber, he accepted the change straight away and we even managed to make the most of our waiting time by making a detour to the Lego store :) He also challenged himself by eating different things while we were away and even went out to the shop on his own to get a drink!
Wonderful! And he has an amazing, rock-solid mum to back him up every inch of the way. Well done to both of you! :):):)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
As a fellow Autism mum - that is absolutely wonderful Barbara. And the confidence that his having coped with all of these changes will bring will be enormous, well done A and well done Mum xx