The Power of Positivity

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Positivity that my OTT 4am 1ml injection is necessary. It may be small,but so significant to making my life easier overall!!!

D

debrasue

3ea0767b59dff3a5a1c687dcbc5d5a11.jpg

Just joyful today. Just looking around and grateful for camellia and total calm today!!
Beautiful....

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Positivity that my OTT 4am 1ml injection is necessary. It may be small,but so significant to making my life easier overall!!!

That's a heck of a roller coaster ride! (especially by missing one, or two small amounts). Did you feel dreadful as a result?

I hope you feel ok now.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
This morning we have snow and driving sleet. However my lovely hubby encouraged me all the way round our walk despite me moaning about getting soaked. He's slim and very physically fit so does not need to walk but knows that I do. So today, yet again I'm grateful for my very own "personal trainer" And I'm also grateful for my strong legs and feet - even if the rest of me is missing bits and generally knackered :)

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
I saw an inspiring item on the BBC news this morning about Alex Hines, a young man who posted a birthday video on Facebook (FB) about his life with a brain tumour and how it hasn't discouraged him and has in fact encouraged him to help others. I don't have FB so this is a copy of his video: I recommend it to you as the best 2 minutes you'll spend today!

There's probably more information on FB if you can find the original.

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
"...when all at once I saw a crowd, a host, of golden daffodils"

Not quite, but I finally have one, solitary daffodil in bloom!

I'd say Spring is here, but it's a thoroughly cold and wet day. I'm glad I don't need need to go out today and I have a nice warm home. Currently my dog is snuggled up to me (she has the right idea).

9a1daf0220c2ed8f7cbb2efbaf6223b0.jpg

Reactions: donnellysdogs
D

debrasue

I saw an inspiring item on the BBC news this morning about Alex Hines, a young man who posted a birthday video on Facebook (FB) about his life with a brain tumour and how it hasn't discouraged him and has in fact encouraged him to help others. I don't have FB so this is a copy of his video: I recommend it to you as the best 2 minutes you'll spend today!

There's probably more information on FB if you can find the original.
Wow! What an incredible, inspirational young man. It really puts things into perspective, doesn't it?
Five-smile posititivity award :):):):):)

D

debrasue

"...when all at once I saw a crowd, a host, of golden daffodils"

Not quite, but I finally have one, solitary daffodil in bloom!

I'd say Spring is here, but it's a thoroughly cold and wet day. I'm glad I don't need need to go out today and I have a nice warm home. Currently my dog is snuggled up to me (she has the right idea).

9a1daf0220c2ed8f7cbb2efbaf6223b0.jpg
Sounds like an excellent plan! I hope you and your dog have a lovely day. :):)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Positivity for today.

Well, I am looking forward to being on Peterborough radio tomorrow talking about the benefits of joining our table tennis club!! Quite excited and looking forward to it.

Today has been absolutely wonderful for spending some (more) money on plants for the garden and putting them in.

18 months from moving in to our home and had my mastecomy the day before moving and very ill afterwards... I am so grateful when I look at garden now as I really never thought I was going to see it finished. Now I can look forward to some get togethers here raising money for my cancer therapy unit.. hoping as my next mastectomy end of April that I can arrange something for Easter.......

Just never thought I would see everything so lovely.

Reactions: Molly56 and Janiept

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
How absolutely wonderful S, that makes me so happy to read your post. May this summer be filled with lovely moments in your garden and good luck for your broadcast tomorrow.

Reactions: donnellysdogs
D

debrasue

It's been a gorgeous evening down here today.
I sat in the garden in the sunshine with a lovely cold glass of Prosecco (for me) and a bowl of peanuts (for the three woodpigeons and two squirrels who came to join me), gazing up into the deep blue sky, listening to all the birds, watching the garden bursting into life again, and feeling SOOOOO glad that winter seems to finally be over.
Yes, I know this beautiful weather probably won't last for long, but I have felt so grateful for it today.
:)

Reactions: Ledzeptt

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @debrasue

I'm glad you had a good day and could make the most of it. A grey day for me, but the promise of sunshine for the weekend to look forward to, so we're planning a family gathering as a picnic.

Let's hope the sun does come out (otherwise it won't be the first indoor picnic we've had!).

D

debrasue

Hi @debrasue

I'm glad you had a good day and could make the most of it. A grey day for me, but the promise of sunshine for the weekend to look forward to, so we're planning a family gathering as a picnic.

Let's hope the sun does come out (otherwise it won't be the first indoor picnic we've had!).
Enjoy! I have to work at the weekend... :grumpy:
But the forecast is good here, too, so I'm sure I'll manage to skive and nip outside for five, now and again. :)

Reactions: Ledzeptt

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It's a beautiful Spring day and my garden is filled with the sound of birdsong. I feel so blessed today and intend to spend the day enjoying each moment as it occurs. Trust you'll have a wonderful time on your family picnic @Ledzeptt

Reactions: Freema and Ledzeptt

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Today our much loved daughter in law was running in the Paris Marathon, our son is with her and should be celebrating with her right now. I'm so proud of her and am so thankful that she's part of our family

D

debrasue

Today our much loved daughter in law was running in the Paris Marathon, our son is with her and should be celebrating with her right now. I'm so proud of her and am so thankful that she's part of our family
Many congratulations to your DIL, Anna - that's an amazing achievement. :)

Reactions: Freema

MuntiJay

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Travelling makes me stay positive. Soon I will have a vacation. I am planning a solo trip to Europe. I am going to visit 6 countries. It will be a long trip so I have already made some plan. I booked a ticket to London (my journey will start from this point) . I used cheap airline 'cause I'd better spend money on excursions and local food. I also want to visit France, Germany, Amsterdam, Bulgaria and Poland .

Last edited: