13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
What's happening to our lovely Nature file? Come on guys - behave!!!

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Out for a walk in the Water Meadows yesterday - just the first, faint signs of spring :cool:.

16807788_2395178177289565_7821071786092477339_n.jpg

(Photo courtesy of Mrs h-c)

D

debrasue

Here you go, @ellagy - the daffodils are finally waking up in South Glos...
(They're quite a bit later than last year, though, as you can see from the second picture, which was taken in the first week of February 2016.)
I have no idea where these pink primroses have come from this year! I certainly didn't plant them and I have never seen them before this year. They look almost like polyanthus, apart from the fact that they are single blooms on single stems....
Very strange... but very pretty.
004 (3).JPG Feb 2016.jpg 005 (3).JPG 007 - Copy.JPG

Reactions: jay hay-char

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Gorgeous photos Debra including the mysterious primroses

Reactions: debrasue

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Here you go, @ellagy - the daffodils are finally waking up in South Glos...
(They're quite a bit later than last year, though, as you can see from the second picture, which was taken in the first week of February 2016.)
I have no idea where these pink primroses have come from this year! I certainly didn't plant them and I have never seen them before this year. They look almost like polyanthus, apart from the fact that they are single blooms on single stems....
Very strange... but very pretty.
View attachment 21939 View attachment 21942 View attachment 21943 View attachment 21944
Very pretty @debrasue, you are at least two weeks ahead of us up here A wonderful drift of snowdrops down the drive though!

Reactions: debrasue

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Just had a flock of Long Tail **** on the feeder.... I love these little birds, so pretty and so deserving their nickname, the Flying Teaspoon!

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That all sounds both gorgeous and uplifting to the spirit @Contralto. Isn't nature wonderful! :)

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
more high winds erasing all the blooms and I am worried that the pomegranates will not bear properly this year, too

This is an important message from the District of Columbia AlertDC system.
National Weather Service has issued a Wind Advisory for the District Of Columbia which is in effect from 10 PM this evening to 10 AM Thursday morning. Winds West to northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts around 50 to 55 mph.

Strong winds my blow down trees and tree limbs and possible power outages may occur. Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Please take precautionary measures.
Contralto, forgive me but why do you post the messages from the District of Colombia AlertDC system, as I can not imagine they are of much interest to those of us across the big puddle! We have weather forecasts to tell us what to expect and believe it or not some of them reach the USA. It does irritate me when I read what I think to be an interesting post from you only to read a weather alert!:(

AnnInDenmark

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Contralto, forgive me but why do you post the messages from the District of Colombia AlertDC system, as I can not imagine they are of much interest to those of us across the big puddle! We have weather forecasts to tell us what to expect and believe it or not some of them reach the USA. It does irritate me when I read what I think to be an interesting post from you only to read a weather alert!:(

In the General Chat threads you Brits talk every day about how the weather is where you are, often several times a day if it changes. I remember reading posts about the weather in the far north of the American continent, as well as in Australia and/or New Zealand, and probably more. Nobody seemed to mind.
Are you saying that only British weather is allowed mentioning?

You seem to have missed that @Contralto was worried about her shrubs/trees because of the bad weather.
Had they been standing in a British garden, she would have received lots of hugs and good wishes instead of this.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Scotland in March :- cerulean skies, white puffy clouds, signs of spring everywhere, BUT strong NE winds and a temperature of 4deg Celsius! We are a hardy race though, this is lovely weather for walking and enjoying the clumps of snowdrops nodding in the wind, daffs and tulips almost ready to open, the first buds on the chestnut trees sticky and almost ready to open too . We are such a small island but our weather is still not universal across the four nations the gardens in the mid and south of England are already bursting with spring flowers and blossom while up here in the frozen north our plants are 4-6 wks later in blooming,but Spring is most definitely on the horizon.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I don't know about zones @Contralto it's just observation on my part. I lost a beautiful azalea bush in March last year because it had bloomed three months early after an exceptionally mild winter and then we had a late snow in March which killed it. Global warming? I don't know but certainly, unusually mild weather last winter.

D

debrasue

Scotland in March :- cerulean skies, white puffy clouds, signs of spring everywhere, BUT strong NE winds and a temperature of 4deg Celsius! We are a hardy race though, this is lovely weather for walking and enjoying the clumps of snowdrops nodding in the wind, daffs and tulips almost ready to open, the first buds on the chestnut trees sticky and almost ready to open too . We are such a small island but our weather is still not universal across the four nations the gardens in the mid and south of England are already bursting with spring flowers and blossom while up here in the frozen north our plants are 4-6 wks later in blooming,but Spring is most definitely on the horizon.
This is sheer poetry, Anna - what a beautiful description! Closely observed and eloquently described.
:)

Reactions: Gannet

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I thank you but you would have written it better Ms. Writer, I was taken with a flight of loquaciousness :D

Reactions: Diamum5972

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hello nature lovers! We're just back from a holiday in the West Highlands and had some greylag geese visit one morning. I also loved how the highland cattle happily shared their space with hens and sheep! Hope you like the photos, it's a beautiful part of the worldDSCF4843.JPG DSCF4842.JPG DSCF4884.JPG DSCF4872.JPG DSCF4858.JPG