Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Wow! Amazing pics Anna, I don't think I've ever had holiday pics this pretty
Thanks Barbara, it's a long drive up, some of it on single track roads but the colours of the hills and trees made the journey a joy too. Hope all is well with you and family? Haven't had a chance to read many posts yet as D is here today x

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
We didn't just go down there William, we lived less than 100yds away, we could see it from the caravan window

Oh how lucky you were. And did you have that cove all to yourselves too?
Looks like you had lovely weather too. :)

D

debrasue

Here are a few more pics - we were living almost right on the beach shown in the photos, just a field in between. The deer came out of the surrounding hills at night to graze on the grass and the stag bellowed until someone shone a torch at them, when they bounded off . It's pitch black up there at night so unfortunately we didn't manage to get a pic of the deer. Hope I haven't bored you with the holiday snaps:bored:
What stunning pictures, Anna - and it sounds absolutely idyllic! I'm surprised you could tear yourself away when it came time to leave...

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Most of the time that small beach was empty, the bigger one too, it was just over the hill from the smaller beach. We walked along the river (a 3 mile climb) a few times too. The weather was sunny but cold, fleeces, hat and gloves most days. Rain showers on Tuesday, other days dry, perfect! @Liam1955

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
What stunning pictures, Anna - and it sounds absolutely idyllic! I'm surprised you could tear yourself away when it came time to leave...
I could easily live there Debra, apart from the winter months that is, when the whole area is cut off by snow. We first holidayed there in 1970 and have gone up most years since.

Reactions: ellagy and debrasue

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Thanks Barbara, it's a long drive up, some of it on single track roads but the colours of the hills and trees made the journey a joy too. Hope all is well with you and family? Haven't had a chance to read many posts yet as D is here today x
Yes thanks Anna, A and me have a bit of a cold but apart from that we're fine

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yes indeed, in Scotland there are no private beaches and we can walk almost everywhere too.

N

NicolaB70

Here are a few more pics - we were living almost right on the beach shown in the photos, just a field in between. The deer came out of the surrounding hills at night to graze on the grass and the stag bellowed until someone shone a torch at them, when they bounded off . It's pitch black up there at night so unfortunately we didn't manage to get a pic of the deer. Hope I haven't bored you with the holiday snaps:bored:
What lovely photos. Your avatar picture is just stunning full size.

D

debrasue

It's good to see that long-tailed **** are thriving here in the south-west. These 7 little chaps (and a bluetit) visited a couple of times this afternoon, but I counted 16 of them on the feeder at once yesterday, when it was newly filled with suet balls.
002 (5).JPG
It's not surprising that the fatballs are disappearing fast!:)

There are also a pair of nuthatches visiting this feeder every day, and a beautiful grey wagtail (who has a gorgeous primrose-yellow tummy) checks out all the plant pots around the koi pond every morning. A small flock of goldfinches and a pair of greater spotted woodpeckers are visiting the other feeders further down the garden on a daily basis now.

It's lovely to see them all coming back after the autumn moult. Just waiting to see the bullfinches start showing up again now...

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Excellent Debra, we love our garden birds too and hubby has a tame Robin who follows him into the garage every morning, we'll try to get a pic

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
It's good to see that long-tailed **** are thriving here in the south-west. These 7 little chaps (and a bluetit) visited a couple of times this afternoon, but I counted 16 of them on the feeder at once yesterday, when it was newly filled with suet balls.
View attachment 21261
It's not surprising that the fatballs are disappearing fast!:)

There are also a pair of nuthatches visiting this feeder every day, and a beautiful grey wagtail (who has a gorgeous primrose-yellow tummy) checks out all the plant pots around the koi pond every morning. A small flock of goldfinches and a pair of greater spotted woodpeckers are visiting the other feeders further down the garden on a daily basis now.

It's lovely to see them all coming back after the autumn moult. Just waiting to see the bullfinches start showing up again now...
What a wonderful list of birds, Debs you lucky girl :)

Reactions: debrasue
D

debrasue

What a wonderful list of birds, Debs you lucky girl :)
I am lucky - you're absolutely right. They're so beautiful and it really lifts my day to see them all in the garden. :)
The only downside is the occasional visit from a sparrowhawk for lunch, but of course they're also beautiful birds and I guess they have to eat too... I hate to see it in the spring though, when I think of the potential one-parent families or maybe orphaned chicks, waiting in the nest for a meal that won't ever come. :(
I feed them live mealworms in the spring for the babies, but I move the feeder to a different place each day, to avoid giving the sparrowhawks an unfair advantage because they are very clever, wily birds.

Reactions: jay hay-char

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I am lucky - you're absolutely right. They're so beautiful and it really lifts my day to see them all in the garden. :)
The only downside is the occasional visit from a sparrowhawk for lunch, but of course they're also beautiful birds and I guess they have to eat too... I hate to see it in the spring though, when I think of the potential one-parent families or maybe orphaned chicks, waiting in the nest for a meal that won't ever come. :(
I feed them live mealworms in the spring for the babies, but I move the feeder to a different place each day, to avoid giving the sparrowhawks an unfair advantage because they are very clever, wily birds.
Our feeders are hedged in so the bigger predatory birds can not get to them. Glad you have LTT's we often have them but they have been missing for a while now!

Reactions: debrasue

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No wildlife, but we went for a walk on the downs yesterday and Mrs h-c managed to get this photo of the shadow of two crossing jet contrails, cast on to some thin cloud by the sun.

15356522_2350928661714517_1887671577072091032_n.jpg

I'm sure it must happen from time to time but I've never seen it before and it must take a slightly unusual combination of the positions of the sun, the cloud and the contrails to create the effect.

... or maybe it's a pan-dimensional hyper-intelligent being, blowing us all a kiss? :D

It was bleak and wintry (and the wind was freezing) but there's a kind of beauty to the countryside at this time of the year.

15338847_2350928711714512_2011579739955261604_n.jpg

Reactions: 13lizanne and slip
D

debrasue

No wildlife, but we went for a walk on the downs yesterday and Mrs h-c managed to get this photo of the shadow of two crossing jet contrails, cast on to some thin cloud by the sun.

15356522_2350928661714517_1887671577072091032_n.jpg

I'm sure it must happen from time to time but I've never seen it before and it must take a slightly unusual combination of the positions of the sun, the cloud and the contrails to create the effect.

... or maybe it's a pan-dimensional hyper-intelligent being, blowing us all a kiss? :D

It was bleak and wintry (and the wind was freezing) but there's a kind of beauty to the countryside at this time of the year.

15338847_2350928711714512_2011579739955261604_n.jpg
Gorgeous pictures, and the one with the crossed contrails is truly amazing - I've never seen that before, either!
I agree - I love the stark beauty of the countryside in winter, too. The big sleep....

Reactions: jay hay-char

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
DSCF4727.JPG DSCF4728.JPG
Excellent Debra, we love our garden birds too and hubby has a tame Robin who follows him into the garage every morning, we'll try to get a pic
Here we are:- one very tame little robin looking for suet pellets in our garage

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We don't have a tame robin, but our garden's resident robin becomes very friendly, and sits nearby, whenever I am mowing the lawn, raking leaves, or digging a bed. Mind you - I suspect it's just cupboard love, because I'm dislodging lots of worms and insects :)