How much weight have YOU lost?

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Not diabetic, here as the doc said I was on the brink. I'm forever grateful to him. As all of you know, the diagnosis is a huge life changer and you understand why I'd rather avoid it.

Starting weight 108kg (17st) now 81kg (12st 11lb), a loss of a little over 4 stone since May. Another three stone to go, seems fairly easy on LCHF. Ketosis rules!

rogbert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
winter
iv had type 2 insulin controlled for over 20 years had a heart attack 3.5 years ago when i weighed 22 stone i now weigh 15 st 4 pounds and feel great but need to lose another 2.5 st

Helb167

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have lost just under 3 stone in 6 months. In this time my hba1c has gone from 104 to 62. I know this is still too high but I'm still losing weight and I'm currently doing the x-pert diabetes course

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I lost 15 kg. I never imagined I can do it but it really worked through the help of proper exercise and healthy lifestyle as well. My diet is low carbs and I did eliminate soda or junkfoods.

Reactions: geefull and Prem51

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
3 stone+ weight loss now. Weight at diagnosis - probably around 14 stone (not good for a 5 foot 3 lady!). Weight this morning - 10 stone 11 pounds. I'd like to get another 2 stone off - but considering I am now getting into my size 14 jeans (which I haven't fitted into for about 10 years), I'm quite chuffed. Nice having a smaller sized wardrobe (not to mention sending my old clothes to the charity shop!). I'm a dedicated low carber - and I seem to have started quite a few other folks in the office onto low carbing too.

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have lost about 11 Kg in the last year, from 87.5 Kg down to around 76.5 Kg. Low Carb High Fat diet plus Intermittent Fasting has worked for me, reducing weight and lowering blood sugar levels. :)

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
Started low carb just over 3 weeks ago. I weighed 99.9kg. Last Saturday I weighed in at 94.8kg. I'm pleased with my umpteenth good start but hoping this time I can sustain it. Last year I lost 13kg and put half back on so I'm moving towards my best weight loss mark again. Ho hum.
But low carb is working out to be the best for consistent and stable lower BG levels

sarah_chadwick

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, since the new year, I have lost 1 stone and 3 pounds, steadily losing a pound a week using the 5:2 approach, I have found it fairly easy to do, it's a part of my life now, I need to lose another stone and half to get to 10 stone, then I will be happy with my weight, I'm never going to be super skinny (and don't want to be!) just 2 and half stone lighter with lower BG levels.:)

Reactions: Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Since xmas I have lost 2st.
Since 8th may I have lost over 1st.
I am taking relaxed orilstat tablets and low carb.
Stopped all wheat bread and breadcumb. Cream, cheese and nuts. (All snacks except a liver block before bed, on occasion to give me a low fbg boost.)

letstalk1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
77 pounds this time and still goin , got 35-40 more pounds to go to my healthy BMIish weight , Havent lost on a plateua 4 months now time to buck up and do it.

Reactions: 38candy and Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Since xmas I have lost 2st.
Since 8th may I have lost over 1st.
I am taking relaxed orilstat tablets and low carb.
Stopped all wheat bread and breadcumb. Cream, cheese and nuts. (All snacks except a liver block before bed, on occasion to give me a low fbg boost.)
I've lost another 6lb since I posted this. So 2.5st loss now! Last 2 wks has been hard but lost 1.5lbs and hoping for a loss on friday weigh-in. Kids are off school and are in holiday mode!

38candy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I ve lost 3 pounds since being diagnosed 3 weeks ago... prior to that I had lost 30 pounds. I'm aiming for another stone and see how I look and feel. I'm 5ft 3 and weigh 11st 5

perry1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People that moan for no reason
Since being diagnosed in June and sticking to the LCHF diet and swimming 3 times a week I have lost 17lb now 15st 2lb:)

koukSundo1188

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
This thread is for people to share their weight loss triumphs.

Lost a pound? Great! Lost a stone? Awesome!

Share your victories here :thumbup:

>> new here >> All logged in but can't see the green posting button which I was going to use for keeping track of my weight loss << Am I supposed to post my weight loss right here ? Well, I'm male 59, and I started in March 2017 @ 220lbs and now I'm down to 209.6 lbs and FreeStyle Lite says right now, measured 1hr after eating a filling salad: 4.5

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
3 stone+ weight loss now. Weight at diagnosis - probably around 14 stone (not good for a 5 foot 3 lady!). Weight this morning - 10 stone 11 pounds. I'd like to get another 2 stone off - but considering I am now getting into my size 14 jeans (which I haven't fitted into for about 10 years), I'm quite chuffed. Nice having a smaller sized wardrobe (not to mention sending my old clothes to the charity shop!). I'm a dedicated low carber - and I seem to have started quite a few other folks in the office onto low carbing too.
And the latest update to this - 9 stone 12 (and now fitting into size 12-14 clothes!). My ideal weight is around 8 stone 3 (whether I'll get there - I don't know). One thing I have found has helped in addition to low carbing is Banaba leaf - since I have been using this (which helps with BS levels) I have been dropping about a pound a week. Nice seeing the scales drop - unfortunately the fat around the midriff is clinging on for dear life! My battle continues!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've lost another 6lb since I posted this. So 2.5st loss now! Last 2 wks has been hard but lost 1.5lbs and hoping for a loss on friday weigh-in. Kids are off school and are in holiday mode!
Ive lost another 1.6kgs on my scales off to dieticians for monthly weigh-in but have swollen tummy, again. Fingers cross her scales show my efforts. Maybe get more orilstat if ive lost enough to continue. Metformin and orilstat seems to be my lower carb compliment to weight loss.
Ive waited decades for weight loss like this.

Editted to add. Now 123.60kgs from 140kg at xmas. 16.4kgs lost since xmas. :) :) :)

Last edited:

Christina0308

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, Mid May 97kg, 1st June diagnosis diabetic started LCHF, this morning weigh in at surgery 82.5kg, well happy.

Reactions: Prem51