Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@callyandy I forgot to test yesterday morning too. Gulp! When I remembered it was before lunch and a 7.8 with no liver block or breakfast. So came to conclusion either 4.8 or 5.8 as always rise at least 2mmol/l from a liver dump and no breakfast. No hypo feelings so i was happy with my conclusion.
Fbgs! I'm dreading mine next week with insulin change over.
Dreading = stress = higher readings, so.... Positive thinking. It could all go swimmingly and be the answer to your prayers.... :D We can but hope;)

Reactions: gilbertsweet

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good sunday to everyone here :)

today 6.1 still too high compared to my average levels... but at least a lot better than yesterdays 7.2

yesterday burned 2066 and ate 2088 of which 167 gr carbs and 91 gr proteins...

just wondering if it is the ginseng I am drinking in the mornings that raises next days morning blood glucose ... hmmm

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 2.8 at 5am and sick 3yr old. Who gets sorted out first? Me of course. Eat immediately then sorted little one with calpol. He's back in bed sleeping.
I'd better reduce this existing insulin til wednesday. Hoping wednesday is insulin swop over day.
Hope little one's on the mend now. Poor thing:(

Reactions: ickihun

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.2 or 7.7:wideyed:. I'd like to think it's high because I didn't take it immediately on rising, sorted washing, dishwasher, dog, mum's breakfast, then jabbed my pinky. But really I suspect it was the curry last night and too many onion bhajis;):joyful:.
Enjoy your day folks, and don't forget the sunscreen. April sun is very dangerous!:meh:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
good sunday to everyone here :)

today 6.1 still too high compared to my average levels... but at least a lot better than yesterdays 7.2

yesterday burned 2066 and ate 2088 of which 167 gr carbs and 91 gr proteins...

just wondering if it is the ginseng I am drinking in the mornings that raises next days morning blood glucose ... hmmm
A good quality ginseng shouldnt. Have you read up on it?

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A good quality ginseng shouldnt. Have you read up on it?

no not yet but it is the only thing really I have done differently, many days before I have had carbs over my limit (of around 120 grams a day ) and my numbers especially when excercising have been relativily low , not as low as I wish for but around the middle of the fives, which is okay I think... but then suddenly my numbers have been in the six´es and yesterday in the seventh´s

Well have been taking this ginseng for 1,5 week now in the mornings.But also took strong combined vitamin b´s (all of them, because of my excema, to try get rid of it again...) the last 3 weeks and strong vitamin b6 the last 3 days...

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
no not yet but it is the only thing really I have done differently, many days before I have had carbs over my limit (of around 120 grams a day ) and my numbers especially when excercising have been relativily low , not as low as I wish for but around the middle of the fives, which is okay I think... but then suddenly my numbers have been in the six´es and yesterday in the seventh´s

Well have been taking this ginseng for 1,5 week now in the mornings.But also took strong combined vitamin b´s (all of them, because of my excema, to try get rid of it again...) the last 3 weeks and strong vitamin b6 the last 3 days...
If 7s continue look at protein consumption in relevance to carb amount. Some are saying if carbs too low to protein ratio, protein gets converted to glucose first. Energy not used changes into fat so not metabolic positive conversion.

Johnjoe13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.4 this morning Yeek! :( I expected it to be much higher as I went to bed on 8 after a Chinese with sweet & sour (a lot) no rice though and pancake rolls (5 small ones) and hoisin dip. Figured I needed a treat this weekend but not sure why I didn't go much higher with the sauces, surely my morning metformin cant lower it that much with dinner.

ps, the chicken balls were battered too :)