Weekly weigh in - Fridays

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been two weeks since I was here but I gained last week as I was at a hen do then lost it all again this week
I'm now 67.3kgs. I'll soon be at maintenance woohoo!!!!
Fabulous. Congratulations to you.:) enjoy the delight of up and down and steady....

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooops, up 0.5 kg to 75.7. Not surprising, as I have been stressing like heck these past two weeks, eating far too many snacks and too little at proper meals. May won't get much better from here on out, so any big changes are out, but come June, I'll have time to deal with weight loss again.
Well done for not beating yourself up. We all know that doesn't help. :)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I appear to be back up to my 95 kilos again, but I think a lot of it may be due to a bit of bloat and a rather swollen leg at the moment...:(

Robbity
Sorry to hear your leg not so good, I hope it improves for you.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Added 1kg due to insulin and metformin interuption and 4yr olds carby birthday in same week as stressful angiogram. :(
Need to get back to losing again. Walking isn't the answer for me. I need to be jogging for hours but cannot walk straight. Soooo frustrating.
A very busy stressful week will not lead to a weight loss.:grumpy: Be kind to yourself young lady. Listen to your own advice, enjoy the time with your little one and allow the stress to affect you a little. Please stop beating yourself up, you give so much support to others let us give you a virtual (gentle) hug.:shy:

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@ickihun - Hi Vicky :). The Low Fat Diet and the Milk Thistle I believe is what has brought down my ALT 66 and GGT 67 numbers in regards to my Liver Fibrosis = been taking it now 7 months and almost at the end of the tablets. I see the Heptologist in July and hoping both my numbers are below 30 (ALT & GGT). If so? I get discharged from Out Patients!!:happy:
But, got the Alpha Lipoic Acid to start in a weeks time and hopefully that is going to help with my Diabetes/Blood Sugars??? And hopefully some weight loss = well 12 lbs anyway.
As for the weight I cannot see me getting down to the expected 12 stone which all the medical professional team keep telling me they would like it to be. Losing the 12 lbs is just very difficult and/or bloody stubborn :).

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
it is really amazing what hidden remedies nature has got...Today my mother told me of an old remedy that can help swollen legs/ odemas ... it is made of two components, don´t know why it works for some, mother mentioned two of the elder women in her compond that had had help from it.. grated horseradish put in redwine (5 spoonfulls to 0.5 liter redwine, let it soak for a week in fridge , and then only swallow 1 spoonfull every morning ) can it really have such a great effect ? one of the women there can now get her shoes on which has been impossible for a month.... well this is an alternate way of loosing weight ;)

Reactions: Goonergal

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hello @Freema - Like your Avatar :). If I could stomach the Horseradish I would try it! But, think I will stick with the Furosemide I take every day. But Thank You for the information - it's still interesting to hear about these remedies.:)

Reactions: DavidK59 and Freema

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
75.8 Kg this morning, down from 76.2 Kg this time last week. First time in the 75s on a Saturday. I am intermittent fasting over the weekend (only eating once a day at lunchtime). :)

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Well done everyone. Hope you are all having a great weekend. May is always manic for me and it looks like this one is going to be off the scale. So happy I now feel well. Last year I was soooo ill. I only got my diagnosis in September. So a day late but this morning I weighed 77.6. A new low - just.

KitSileya

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yohoo! 74.4kg! I went below 75, and broke my plateau. I'm doing the shimmy dance in my seat as I type.

So, that's 13.3kgs down, 10.4 to go!

Reactions: Prem51 and jonbvn