Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Try and take the time to look after you, difficult, but doctors orders? Walking in the rain is nice.:)

Ha - once upon a time I was a geologist. I got fed up with walking in the rain, so I trained to be a teacher instead! I've been for a swim instead this morning - which was good and relaxing:) It looks like it's brightening up so I'll add in a walk later.

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
A slightly disappointing 6.2 this morning - I think the 2 wholemeal buns yesterday had a lasting effect! Sigh - back to the grindstone - must do better since my exercise has been put on hold due to the appalling weather this week! Sick of this torrential rain!

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone mine was 7.6..Newly diagnosed(Friday)and still trying to get my head around it all!

Hi Emma I'd say nice to see you here - but I'm sure we'd both rather not! :) It's such a lot to take in isn't it. It's nearly 6 weeks since my diagnosis and whilst I've got the blood sugars , weight loss and exercise all under control - my brain is just mashed. Read lots on this site though - there are lots of different ideas - but take what is helpful for you

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning everyone mine was 7.6..Newly diagnosed(Friday)and still trying to get my head around it all!
Welcome, read loads and ask questions. None are considered silly:wacky:. A lot to take in, but you'll get there. Goodluck.

Reactions: emmah76

emmah76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not eating food I like
Hi Emma I'd say nice to see you here - but I'm sure we'd both rather not! :) It's such a lot to take in isn't it. It's nearly 6 weeks since my diagnosis and whilst I've got the blood sugars , weight loss and exercise all under control - my brain is just mashed. Read lots on this site though - there are lots of different ideas - but take what is helpful for you

Thank you for the warm welcome! It's a lot to take on board but I'm committed to keeping myself as healthy possible. I've already acquired so much information from being here and reading through posts and being able to relate to many. I guess it's going to be a lot of trial and error but I'll eventually get my head around it all..I hope!