Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @HMurg and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to you posting on this thread, and maybe others too.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
They weighed me as 133kg that evening. On the 23rd I'll be weighed again. Not sure, but I'm sure they said 133kg will be my starting weight. I'd had my food for the day so not bad considering I weighed in on 131.90kg before I left for weigh-in.
I'm not going to weigh myself much. I'm getting weighed everywhere I'm going lately so I don't want to become depressed when I'm stuck.
Will probables get weighed at diabetes unit on wednesday and then I'll wait til 23rd. 14th June will be a marker with dietitian for a month weigh-in.
If these guys can get me mobile (back to my normal speed) and exercising well again I'll jump for joy!
If anyone can, they can! :) :) :)
Hoping physio on 22nd can make a difference with my bulging disc/s and scatica. This on and off numb hip/groin and bum gives tramadol reprieve. ;)
I weighed in at 130.5kg this morning. So im very pleased. Going in the right direction.:) :) :)
Less insulin serum so less water tummy. :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
182 lbs at the doctor's office this week. I have not been weighing regularly and not paying that much attention to it but trying to exercise and eat well. I think that is exactly 13 stones. I am happy at this weight for now. I am on antibiotics again (for an infected very slightly scraped knee this time). Tooth issue is completely resolved. How are all of you?
Pleased your tooth problem resolved. Are you weighing in today?

Reactions: Liam1955

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
A very good morning to you all from slimline me. I weighed 77.0 this morning, my waist is heading to 34 and my bum bags have had to be taken in because they keep slipping which is just not cool. I am still wearing my old trousers, I just gather the excess fabric with the belt. Now the days are longer people I have not seen since last summer are arriving on the lottie and everyone is commenting on my weight and how my clothes are hanging off me.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
182 lbs at the doctor's office this week. I have not been weighing regularly and not paying that much attention to it but trying to exercise and eat well. I think that is exactly 13 stones. I am happy at this weight for now. I am on antibiotics again (for an infected very slightly scraped knee this time). Tooth issue is completely resolved. How are all of you?
I am fine hope you are too ... waiting to see you again in here ...send you lots of love

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I need to get in on this!
I was 220lbs, I lost weight down to 167lbs after diagnosis. I just weighed myself now, in the knowledge that I've been putting on weight again and........177.6 lbs. Not very good. Not awful, but I personally need to be around 170lbs or under.
I'd better stop the weight gain now, especially as it's symptomatic of carb creep, over-eating, too much alcohol and various other stupidities.
I'll check in next week; 177.6 is the starting point. Let's make the goal 168lbs- an even 12 stone, and a sensible '24' on the BMI scale for me!

Reactions: Polgara and Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A very good morning to you all from slimline me. I weighed 77.0 this morning, my waist is heading to 34 and my bum bags have had to be taken in because they keep slipping which is just not cool. I am still wearing my old trousers, I just gather the excess fabric with the belt. Now the days are longer people I have not seen since last summer are arriving on the lottie and everyone is commenting on my weight and how my clothes are hanging off me.
Well done @covknit . :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I was 220lbs, I lost weight down to 167lbs after diagnosis. I just weighed myself now, in the knowledge that I've been putting on weight again and........177.6 lbs. Not very good. Not awful, but I personally need to be around 170lbs or under.
I'd better stop the weight gain now, especially as it's symptomatic of carb creep, over-eating, too much alcohol and various other stupidities.
I'll check in next week; 177.6 is the starting point. Let's make the goal 168lbs- an even 12 stone, and a sensible '24' on the BMI scale for me!
Welcome @Geordie_P . Its a lovely thread. I need loads of weight off but I'm persistant. More focused than I could have been through trauma and housemoving.
I'm ready for whatever needs doing.

Reactions: Liam1955

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Welcome to the thread @Geordie_P. You sound like me. I lost over 30 lbs in about 4 months after diagnosis. The shock motivated me. But I'm more complacent now, and my weight is creeping up. Still ok but I'd prefer to get it a bit lower again.
Being on this thread has helped me to keep a check to some extent.

Reactions: Geordie_P

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Welcome @Geordie_P . Its a lovely thread. I need loads of weight off but I'm persistant. More focused than I could have been through trauma and housemoving.
I'm ready for whatever needs doing.
Thanks, Ickihun:
I'm not great when it comes down to persistence and will-power, but I 'm hoping that seeing my results in black and white every week might give me that little bump. Your support counts for a lot too! I appreciate the welcome.

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Go for it! :)

Helen444

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, I would like to join the Friday weigh in if that OK. I was 238 lb when I was diagnosed a year ago. Quite quickly found this site and went low carb. Weight down to 214 lb this morning, so 24 lb lost so far. Trouble is, I am beginning to 'lose it' and having more and more 'treats', so need to get my act together! My initial aim is to get below 200 lb. In no hurry, as long as the scales and my HbA1c are moving in the right direction I will be happy.