ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm doing low carb low fat with xenical tablets.

I've lost again.
Since tuesday this week I've lost 1.4kgs.
So I'm 128.50kgs now. I'm delighted I'm losing properly for a change!
Basal insulin keeping me from liver dumps throughout the day. Only taking 15-20units of novarapid when I eat.
Sometimes I skip a meal as basal carrying me over.
I'm getting closer and closer to my target weight loss for bariatric surgery. :) :) :)

paula121s

I'm doing low carb low fat with xenical tablets.

I've lost again.
Since tuesday this week I've lost 1.4kgs.
So I'm 128.50kgs now. I'm delighted I'm losing properly for a change!
Basal insulin keeping me from liver dumps throughout the day. Only taking 15-20units of novarapid when I eat.
Sometimes I skip a meal as basal carrying me over.
I'm getting closer and closer to my target weight loss for bariatric surgery. :) :) :)

Brilliant, well done

Reactions: ickihun

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
I was going to say no change but this morning the weight has gone up by .3 - which is nothing really and I had washed my hair which was still fairly wet - so I am going to say no change again this week.
Finding all a little frustrating and realising I need to look again at my diet and what I am eating and ways I can improve it - I am aware my evenings are my worst time, there are evenings where I simply just want to eat and eat and eat - this is when I really struggle because what I want to eat is all the things I should steer well clear of..........
With a long weekend ahead I am hoping I can try out a bit of baking and perhaps find some tempting recipe's that I can use to help when times are difficult and all I want to do is eat!
Wishing you all a really great weekend regardless of the weather.

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Bariatric nurse and dietician seemed to be happy at my 3kg loss. Well 3.4kgs to be precise.
Another 2kgs to lose before I can proceed for op.
Not due for a weigh-in til mid-june now with dietician but seeing bariatric team decision makers after bank holiday.
I think they give the ya or nay!
Getting excited but nervous. Scary op but I just would like to skip down the street again. With no 20st+ body breaking my back.I cannot afford to wait another few yrs to get 2 stones off and still risk a similiar burn out I had a few yrs back. Then putting more back on.
I hope I'm being realistic but even just 5 stone loss would help me enormously.
Many with less complications can lose 10st+
Well done on the weight loss. Given this loss, your mid June target weight should be achieved comfortably.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
26/5 - Good Morning.
Not lost or gained any weight = remain at 12 stone 12 lbs.
Well Done to Everyone - Have a good day :).
At least no gain. Are you drinking plenty?
I'm sure you are!
I wasnt expecting orilstat to work but it doesnt seem as bad as last time. 25yrs can change alot. I paid alot of money for it when it first came out. So was keen to stop it when i did.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I was going to say no change but this morning the weight has gone up by .3 - which is nothing really and I had washed my hair which was still fairly wet - so I am going to say no change again this week.
Finding all a little frustrating and realising I need to look again at my diet and what I am eating and ways I can improve it - I am aware my evenings are my worst time, there are evenings where I simply just want to eat and eat and eat - this is when I really struggle because what I want to eat is all the things I should steer well clear of..........
With a long weekend ahead I am hoping I can try out a bit of baking and perhaps find some tempting recipe's that I can use to help when times are difficult and all I want to do is eat!
Wishing you all a really great weekend regardless of the weather.
You are having carb cravings hun. Mind u when I was eating too much protein, I was hungry all the time.
What are you eating for breakfast?

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Checking in after a huge walk in hot weather. 85.6 kg which is 0.5 kg down on the week. Closing in on my 84 kg target weight.

Over the next month my walking will be significantly curtailed at the weekends due to Ramadan here in the ME. Not able to drink water in public during the day when it is 40+ degrees means I have to find other ways to exercise. However, will be OK after work during the week.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
143.4, pretty normal weight, no edema to worry about, only the midsection, wishing it magically decrease in circumference.
Only my mid section and a bit on forearms too. I wish we knew how to get rid of it? Mine flares up after walking and then I sit down or lie down. You?
I'm sure one week I lost it before I did my weigh-in as I surprisingly was 126.90kgs or similiar but then went back to 131.60kgs but now 128.40kgs.
If I could get rid of water I'd be laughing. I'm able to walk in less pain since I started on maximum painkillers. I still have to stop in intervals because breathing and numb leg gives me spasms.
Still no swimming as I cannot guarantee my breathing being ok. Cycling is still a no-no too due to bulging disc/s and scatica.
I wonder how I'll be in walking after bariatric surgery. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for it happening this year.
How are your other health problems other than water retention?

D

Deleted member 308541

Putting on a bit of weight, got up to 86.4 Kg on our new scales. So hopefully this will be about the same as my GP's.

I wonder if that whey stuff I have been putting in my omelettes and yoghurt is starting to make a difference.

Reactions: Prem51 and Freema

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still 95 kilos, which definitely seems to be my body's preferred weight. I think it's making up for all the years that I was under weight! But even though I'm still too heavy, I've been able to keep my glucose levels to pre-diabetic levels, so I'm (relatively) happy.

Robbity