me

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
@ally1
Dear ally, first let me say you have my deepest admiration and respect, I have followed your trials, tribulations and heartbreaks with feelings of joy at your many triumphs and profound grief at your heartbreaks, through them all you have shown yourself to be a gentle caring person, you have picked yourself up dusted yourself down and got on with your lot regardless.
Like @AndBreathe I have wanted on many occasions to be with you when you were due to see either your GP or nurse and give them a swift kick up the bum for ignoring your pleas for help, the fact they were too deaf to hear or too blind to see is their fault not yours, you definitely deserve better, and the fact your GP has apologised is a step in the right direction, and maybe you can build a better relationship with him from now on.
Happy to hear your pdoc was there for you when needed, and hoping having finally let it all out you can use the positivity to move forward.
As @Brunneria says, GO GIRL, your inner strength has got you this far and I look forward to seeing just how far you can go......remember you are all and everything to those that love you, and I believe that includes your friends here on the forum who respect your differences and admire your zest for life.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
@ally1
Dear ally, first let me say you have my deepest admiration and respect, I have followed your trials, tribulations and heartbreaks with feelings of joy at your many triumphs and profound grief at your heartbreaks, through them all you have shown yourself to be a gentle caring person, you have picked yourself up dusted yourself down and got on with your lot regardless.
Like @AndBreathe I have wanted on many occasions to be with you when you were due to see either your GP or nurse and give them a swift kick up the bum for ignoring your pleas for help, the fact they were too deaf to hear or too blind to see is their fault not yours, you definitely deserve better, and the fact your GP has apologised is a step in the right direction, and maybe you can build a better relationship with him from now on.
Happy to hear your pdoc was there for you when needed, and hoping having finally let it all out you can use the positivity to move forward.
As @Brunneria says, GO GIRL, your inner strength has got you this far and I look forward to seeing just how far you can go......remember you are all and everything to those that love you, and I believe that includes your friends here on the forum who respect your differences and admire your zest for life.
Thank you so much.
I can speak my mind here and say about my wows, sorrows and happy times.
It helps we to say when I struggle be a use there are other members here with some kind of mental illness ie stress and depression.
It shows that there is nothing to be ashamed off

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Ally.. followed your journey since your joining. Your experiences and support to others is immeasurable...

You have a balancing act on a constant basis and dont forget you arent fighting your medics-you are fighting for your health..
No GP can take you off their books unless verbally or physically abusive...

Please dont beat yourself up about anything in the past.. thats gone.. move forward and keep fighting for your health.

You inspire many...

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Ally.. followed your journey since your joining. Your experiences and support to others is immeasurable...

You have a balancing act on a constant basis and dont forget you arent fighting your medics-you are fighting for your health..
No GP can take you off their books unless verbally or physically abusive...

Please dont beat yourself up about anything in the past.. thats gone.. move forward and keep fighting for your health.

You inspire many...
Thank you.
It's been hard at times.

Reactions: Freema

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
A quick update on me.
I saw my psych today. I went in more about my bipolar as I presumed it was that what bringing me down.
Firstly the psych came out to meet, upon walking towards his office, my left leg is now numb up to my knee with throbbing pain. My left leg gave way and I fell to the floor. I felt a right plonker.
Once inside his office, we briefly spoke about my bipolar to which, psych said there was no marked decline.
We got onto the fall, this got me onto my t2, explained again about the neuropathy. Which he knew about from my last visit. This led me to open up about my levels rising, though not hugely. My constant thirst, worse in the mornings. Psych then got onto his letter to my gp regarding more request blood tests rather then the one a year test. Also he wrote about how he felt that I should be issued with test strips because of the queapine.
I explained nothing has been done regarding that letter. He feels that the way I am feeling is more diabetic related rather then the bipolar. I also explained over the past few weeks that my appetite has increased, bs levels have increased, bad thirst especially in the mornings.
Plus what he witnessed walking to his office. He is extremely concerned because nothing has been done regarding his letter, in his words, as he hadn,t heard from me, he presumed that I was getting now getting regulations bs blood tests and receiving test strips on prescriptions. Also that with the amount of numbness now in my left leg that it's a worry.
Psych also feels that I should be referred to either a neurologist or at least the diabetic clinic at the hospital as he clearly think my victoza and metformin is not doing their job.
I also mentioned that I wrote to my gp and the surgery's practise manager and as yet had no response.
Psych has reassured me that he will write a letter to my gp explaining about the fall and he feels that I need to be closely monitored as clearly I am alot worse then they realise.

Reactions: pcs63

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A quick update on me.
I saw my psych today. I went in more about my bipolar as I presumed it was that what bringing me down.
Firstly the psych came out to meet, upon walking towards his office, my left leg is now numb up to my knee with throbbing pain. My left leg gave way and I fell to the floor. I felt a right plonker.
Once inside his office, we briefly spoke about my bipolar to which, psych said there was no marked decline.
We got onto the fall, this got me onto my t2, explained again about the neuropathy. Which he knew about from my last visit. This led me to open up about my levels rising, though not hugely. My constant thirst, worse in the mornings. Psych then got onto his letter to my gp regarding more request blood tests rather then the one a year test. Also he wrote about how he felt that I should be issued with test strips because of the queapine.
I explained nothing has been done regarding that letter. He feels that the way I am feeling is more diabetic related rather then the bipolar. I also explained over the past few weeks that my appetite has increased, bs levels have increased, bad thirst especially in the mornings.
Plus what he witnessed walking to his office. He is extremely concerned because nothing has been done regarding his letter, in his words, as he hadn,t heard from me, he presumed that I was getting now getting regulations bs blood tests and receiving test strips on prescriptions. Also that with the amount of numbness now in my left leg that it's a worry.
Psych also feels that I should be referred to either a neurologist or at least the diabetic clinic at the hospital as he clearly think my victoza and metformin is not doing their job.
I also mentioned that I wrote to my gp and the surgery's practise manager and as yet had no response.
Psych has reassured me that he will write a letter to my gp explaining about the fall and he feels that I need to be closely monitored as clearly I am alot worse then they realise.

Ally - It just never stops for you, does it?

Although I can imagine how you felt when you fell in the clinic, but it may turn out to have been a very good thing. At least you have someone's attention to the correct level. Your psych sounds like a keeper.

How long is it since you wrote to your doctor, without a response? That really is bad form, and it sounds like they need quite a foot on their collective posteriors. Do you have copies of the letters your psych has written to your GP requesting that you have test strips and so on? I might be getting tempted to complain to the next level up.

Ally, I know you are fearful of being asked to leave the practice, but I doubt they can do that to you, unless you are physically or verbally abusive to them, and I cannot imagine that for a second. And if we're honest, what are they actually doing for you, aside from giving you the odd repeat prescription. Have you had your appointment through for the memory clinic now? I have a feeling we can probably answer that question.

I have said it many times, but were I closer I would be offering to be your advocate with your doctor, because you really do deserve to be treated so much better.

In contrast, time before last I saw my Endocrinologist I left there knowing he was going to write to my GP to request she carry out about 20 blood tests, prior to my next appointment. I had the papers for that within 24 hours of her having the letter. He has just requested another specific test be done in Primary Care and I can't see her arguing that either, then he has instructed I am referred to another discipline, to a named Consultant. I appreciate I am very lucky with DrK, but truthfully, that's just how it should be.

Look after yourself Ally.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Ally - It just never stops for you, does it?

Although I can imagine how you felt when you fell in the clinic, but it may turn out to have been a very good thing. At least you have someone's attention to the correct level. Your psych sounds like a keeper.

How long is it since you wrote to your doctor, without a response? That really is bad form, and it sounds like they need quite a foot on their collective posteriors. Do you have copies of the letters your psych has written to your GP requesting that you have test strips and so on? I might be getting tempted to complain to the next level up.

Ally, I know you are fearful of being asked to leave the practice, but I doubt they can do that to you, unless you are physically or verbally abusive to them, and I cannot imagine that for a second. And if we're honest, what are they actually doing for you, aside from giving you the odd repeat prescription. Have you had your appointment through for the memory clinic now? I have a feeling we can probably answer that question.

I have said it many times, but were I closer I would be offering to be your advocate with your doctor, because you really do deserve to be treated so much better.

In contrast, time before last I saw my Endocrinologist I left there knowing he was going to write to my GP to request she carry out about 20 blood tests, prior to my next appointment. I had the papers for that within 24 hours of her having the letter. He has just requested another specific test be done in Primary Care and I can't see her arguing that either, then he has instructed I am referred to another discipline, to a named Consultant. I appreciate I am very lucky with DrK, but truthfully, that's just how it should be.

Look after yourself Ally.
Thank you
As yet no appointment through from the memory clinic, to be honest, as I have lost faith in my gp and the surgery that I very much doubt the referral was ever done.
Re letters, I think it was either beginning of last week or the week before that I sent the letters.
I am so glad that I fell over in front of the psych because he is a witness

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
If you took the case of 'I blame myself' to a Judge then you'd be laughed out of court. It is like saying all other medical conditions are the patients' own fault. When we are born we don't get a manual for life that guarantees the best of health. We live and we learn and that doesn't stop just because we become adults.
You seem to be fighting your corner and overcoming some of the challenges that life throws at us. The dn at my first appointment said that I must have been diabetic 'for a long time'. I had one symptom (cold feet) which I had put down to age and sciatica. I wasn't overweight and didn't have any of the classic signs so it came like a bolt out of the blue when I was diagnosed. I don't blame anyone least of all myself.

I cannot say that I have suffered from the same issues as you are facing but I remember suffering from depression after my fourth miscarriage. Mental health issues are a lonely place, a dark place and I admire you so much for shedding some light even as you struggle against disinterested HCPs. More power to you, girl.

Reactions: ally1

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
oh Ally, what can I say? You so do not deserve any of this. your GP so needs taking to task over the way he has treated you from the very beginning, and that is a long time ago now.

I only have one piece of advice. Please contact your Psych or his secretary and ask for copies of both letters he has sent to your GP - the original one and this latest one. You are entitled to these but they aren't automatic. You have to ask. They could be very important and another weapon in your armoury. Sadly, with this GP you can't sit back and wait, you have to be proactive and fight your corner.

I am so sorry, but you can win this fight. xxx

Reactions: ally1 and zand

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hmmm sad that you have endure so much suffering Ally ... they must be able to help you much better ... it actually makes me angry that you are not helped much more...:shifty:

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
If you took the case of 'I blame myself' to a Judge then you'd be laughed out of court. It is like saying all other medical conditions are the patients' own fault. When we are born we don't get a manual for life that guarantees the best of health. We live and we learn and that doesn't stop just because we become adults.
You seem to be fighting your corner and overcoming some of the challenges that life throws at us. The dn at my first appointment said that I must have been diabetic 'for a long time'. I had one symptom (cold feet) which I had put down to age and sciatica. I wasn't overweight and didn't have any of the classic signs so it came like a bolt out of the blue when I was diagnosed. I don't blame anyone least of all myself.

I cannot say that I have suffered from the same issues as you are facing but I remember suffering from depression after my fourth miscarriage. Mental health issues are a lonely place, a dark place and I admire you so much for shedding some light even as you struggle against disinterested HCPs. More power to you, girl.
I must admit, earlier I thought sod it all and that I am fed up with constantly fighting to get help that I need and that my gp and dn nurse are not listening. I want and need help and just not getting it anymore.
I will just wait for my psych to write his letter and see what happens

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
oh Ally, what can I say? You so do not deserve any of this. your GP so needs taking to task over the way he has treated you from the very beginning, and that is a long time ago now.

I only have one piece of advice. Please contact your Psych or his secretary and ask for copies of both letters he has sent to your GP - the original one and this latest one. You are entitled to these but they aren't automatic. You have to ask. They could be very important and another weapon in your armoury. Sadly, with this GP you can't sit back and wait, you have to be proactive and fight your corner.

I am so sorry, but you can win this fight. xxx
Thank you bluetit. Yes I will call the psych secretary on Monday to ask about the copies of letters.
I am just so grateful for my psych. If I didn't, t have him then god knows what I would do.
I know GP,S are now busy but god knows what could happen if I was on my own

Reactions: pcs63

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
hmmm sad that you have endure so much suffering Ally ... they must be able to help you much better ... it actually makes me angry that you are not helped much more...:shifty:
Thank you

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you bluetit. Yes I will call the psych secretary on Monday to ask about the copies of letters.
I am just so grateful for my psych. If I didn't, t have him then god knows what I would do.
I know GP,S are now busy but god knows what could happen if I was on my own

You aren't on your own. You have all of us. Good girl for planning to get those letters. Like others, I wish I lived nearer.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
You aren't on your own. You have all of us. Good girl for planning to get those letters. Like others, I wish I lived nearer.
Thank you bluetit. I posted about my struggles knowing that I will get good advice from here.

Reactions: zand

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
One thing that I have now realised is, I need help from a professional re my sudden increase in appetite, that I found could be due to my bipolar moods, also maybe my meds are not doing what they should though no idea what med to blame,
I feel a dietician won,t help me because I feel it's a mixture of meds, bipolar etc. It will I feel would be someone that understands diabetes, meds and bipolar.
I do feel that maybe I should see someone at the diabetic clinic for a one off appointment because they are more Knowlable with the condition.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just want to say I admire your open and honest account of your trials and tribulations here, @ally1 . I see your confidence has grown in dealing with the health care professionals. I wish you well, you are inspiring others.

I would add that this whole thread, and the supportive responses from members, demonstrates the ethos of DCUK at its best.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I think you may be right Ally, moods do affect how and what we eat, you need to see someone who understands both your meds and bi-polar condition, a dietician may be of some use but I am thinking a nutritionist may be of more help, perhaps your pdoc could help you get to see the right person as your GP seems to be a right plonker........