Diabetes Burnout.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
I know that horrid sense of 'burn out', but I find motivating the people around me helps to get through that period. I make people laugh and have a good time. It gets me through those miserable moments!

Reactions: spook_kate_

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
This was great to read. I was diagnosed over a year ago and have been in denial and didn't and still don't take my diabetes very seriously. I struggle to find foods I like to eat, my job is hectic and I struggle to eat on a regular basis. Over the past few months I have noticed that if I don't eat I get very shaky and nearly faint and have to grab anything to eat. I get tired really easily, although suffer from insomnia, feel at times that this is a sentence. I have done many hours research over past week and have got it clear in my mind to start looking after myself and my diabetes and will try and take one day at a time
You can't do this more than one day at a time due to the infinite number of variables. Like you, my job is very hectic, and on occasion I have delayed or skipped insulin, with disastrous results! I have lived through serious hypos and have needed to be taken somewhere so I could recover in privacy. It is dpressing, but it is not an option to surrender. My thoughts are with you. We make mistakes, yet each mistake is a blip on your learning curve.

Reactions: cadd79 and Bon83

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Being in a supporting role gives me the drive and the energy to cope with diabetes. It distracts me from my own problems and creates a strong focus. Something to strive for.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Having a bad moment. Got busy today and forgot my insulin. Came home feeling irritable and lethargic. BGL 24.3 at 8:30pm.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Having a massive diabetes burnout, going to be off the air for a while.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Having a massive diabetes burnout, going to be off the air for a while.
I think you have not only diabetes burnout, but a caring burnout too, making you emotionally, physically and mentally exhausted. Take care.

Last edited:

Feanor1999

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all. Stu here

I'm a 51 year old T2 of three years. After an adverse reaction to metformin, with very bad diarrhoea and pooping blood in extremis, after a colonoscopy I didn't need I just gave up with taking any meds. However, with my constant poly uria, joint pain, weight loss and all the rest, yesterday I admitted defeat. I went back to my diabetic nurse and got back on the horse. Without metformin. I really wanna get rid of these symptoms. They're driving me nuts. All I'd like to say is go back to your nurse and talk. My blood was 23.7 and had been higher. I was almost sent to hospital. I don't want that. The food's horrible LOL. Take care

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
I think this is exactly where I am at the moment, nothing seems to work...my dipstix always show a high reading and I really don't care any more - the other night, the exact words I used, were " oh well, if it kills me, it kills me". I haven't been diagnosed for long - only since last November, but I've had enough :cry:
Welcome to the forum @twisted imaginings. After 12 years of this, I sometimes feel that way. But there are so many people who tell me to fight on I have no choice. You will have these moments, but don't give up.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Hi all. Stu here

I'm a 51 year old T2 of three years. After an adverse reaction to metformin, with very bad diarrhoea and pooping blood in extremis, after a colonoscopy I didn't need I just gave up with taking any meds. However, with my constant poly uria, joint pain, weight loss and all the rest, yesterday I admitted defeat. I went back to my diabetic nurse and got back on the horse. Without metformin. I really wanna get rid of these symptoms. They're driving me nuts. All I'd like to say is go back to your nurse and talk. My blood was 23.7 and had been higher. I was almost sent to hospital. I don't want that. The food's horrible LOL. Take care
Welcome to the forum @Feanor1999. Know that too well!

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
W
Think I am going diabetes burnout !
Welcome to the forum @WarDoctor, I am going through it myself after fighting off an infection for the last two weeks. How do you feel? Weak and lethargic, emotionally drained. So many on the forum have experienced this situation, but it passes with time. You are with a good team here, but you will find that non diabetics don't understand.

Reactions: willow67

EmyJ

Though one might have the right treatment, it may not fade into the background. Cope with it in easy ways slow down your other part of life and allow yourself to be burned out. Meditation is a very useful technique. Once in a while take a break from your tools.