Which coffee machine do you use ?

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I grind my beans fresh every morning rio oro and use a cafetere. I like it best and no faff with pods etc. I also like kopi luwack but it is a rare treat. Blue mountain and Kenyan are also good. I find it works out a l

pogoplum

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
I use a delonghi bean to cup machine. It was recommended by Which as a Best Buy for durability, consistency, temperature and creme. You can pick your beans so it's much cheaper per cup and you can experiment. I found Waitrose own brand Italian and French blended 50/50 makes better coffee than most coffee shops. It has a frothing stick too. Bliss. Had it for 10 years still works like a dream.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I guess I'm not sure what a tassimo is. Is it like a keurig? We have that too but since trying the nespresso I don't like the keurig. My husband uses it during the week and nespresso on the weekend. The pods aren't cheap but certainly cheaper than a coffee shop. I don't get a lot of treat foods and the crema first thing in the morning makes my day. I used to love lattes and cappachinos but can't do milk now so this is as good as it gets.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I guess I'm not sure what a tassimo is. Is it like a keurig? We have that too but since trying the nespresso I don't like the keurig. My husband uses it during the week and nespresso on the weekend. The pods aren't cheap but certainly cheaper than a coffee shop. I don't get a lot of treat foods and the crema first thing in the morning makes my day. I used to love lattes and cappachinos but can't do milk now so this is as good as it gets.
Bosch coffee machine.

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use a delonghi bean to cup machine. It was recommended by Which as a Best Buy for durability, consistency, temperature and creme. You can pick your beans so it's much cheaper per cup and you can experiment. I found Waitrose own brand Italian and French blended 50/50 makes better coffee than most coffee shops. It has a frothing stick too. Bliss. Had it for 10 years still works like a dream.
A Bean to cup machine is my dream - I just can't justify the £££ price tag . One day ...........

Reactions: Prem51

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
How many cups a day does everyone drink?
30p a pod, I reckon I'd be on £20 to £30 a week.

How about everyone else?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

How about everyone else?
Seriously you drink 14 cups a day? I'm greedy but only have 2 coffees (ok so they are triple shot so 90p a pop ) but that's still only £12.60 a week max.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I like to start the day with a strong hot mug of coffee with sweetener and double cream. I used a cafetiere for years, grinding the beans myself in a coffee mill.
I could make it as strong as I like, but it wasn't hot, more just warm.
I tried a pod machine, a Starbucks/Keurig, machine but the pods didn't make coffee strong enough for my taste.
I bought a De Longhi Magnifica bean to cup machine a couple of months ago after reading reviews on different machines.
It does produce coffee hot enough and I can adjust the grind to get it quite strong.
It was dearer than pod machines (£230 on Amazon), but I buy coffee beans which works out cheaper than pods, so should be cheaper in the long run.
Once I worked out how to get it going and adjusted the strength to my taste, which took a few days, it has worked well and produces a coffee I like.
I have tried different coffee beans but have settled on Starbucks 'Fairtrade' Espresso. A dark wholebean 100% Arabica coffee with a 'rich and caramelly' taste. Which can also be bought in Waitrose.

The only regret I have is buying machine from Amazon and beans from Starbucks, as they both avoid paying tax.

Last edited:
Reactions: donnellysdogs

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

How about everyone else?
I use Starbucks Coffee which is £3.50 for 200gms, sometimes 2 for £5 in Waitrose. I drink one mug first thing in the morning, and occasionally another around 11am.
One pack lasts at least a week, so cheaper than the pods I used to use which worked out at about 40-50p each.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Seriously you drink 14 cups a day? I'm greedy but only have 2 coffees (ok so they are triple shot so 90p a pop ) but that's still only £12.60 a week max.

Double sized mug when I get up, followed by another. Various mugs throughout the day, quite often nip into trade counters to pick up just a coffee, customers provide coffee continuously. But they're free, so I'm not counting them. Maybe a couple if I nip home to pick anything up. Evenings, continuous coffee, so yes, easy 10 to 20 a day. Maybe cost more if I'm home in the day, and paying for my own. Coffee holder in the car always has a cup in it. The kids bought me a thermal mug for christmas. I bought my last car on condition it had a coffee holder.
I'm also an insomniac, so my last cup is about 1 to 2 am.
I did switch to decaf though.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not at all sure what your money conversion is but I pay $1.10 per nespresso coffee pod and $.85 for espresso shot pod. I drink the coffee in the morning and most days an espresso mid afternoon. I'll have a little at work that's free.
Funny thing is the store I got my machine at had a tag of $259 but they price matched Amazon for $104. 20 free pods and a coupon for $20 off my first order or 50 pods.
I love love love the crema. That's the whole reason I bought it. Now regular coffee is just boring

I agree with keurig being too weak. Especially anything with flavor. It's like water. It's trial and error to find a good one that's rich enough.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Double sized mug when I get up, followed by another. Various mugs throughout the day, quite often nip into trade counters to pick up just a coffee, customers provide coffee continuously. But they're free, so I'm not counting them. Maybe a couple if I nip home to pick anything up. Evenings, continuous coffee, so yes, easy 10 to 20 a day. Maybe cost more if I'm home in the day, and paying for my own. Coffee holder in the car always has a cup in it. The kids bought me a thermal mug for christmas. I bought my last car on condition it had a coffee holder.
I'm also an insomniac, so my last cup is about 1 to 2 am.
I did switch to decaf though.
Doesn't all that coffee raise your blood pressure? Or does having decaf make a difference.
My blood pressure is much higher after my morning mug of coffee. I won't be having any before my next check up.

Last edited:

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Doesn't all that coffee raise your blood pressure? Or does having decaf make a difference.
My blood pressure is much higher after my morning mug of coffee. I won't be having any before my nest check up.

No, my blood pressure has always been 110/60.
Heart rate is a steady 60.

Exercise can take it to over 160 though, if I try hard enough.
The machines usually scream at me though, so I've starting lying about my age to them.

Last edited:

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

How about everyone else?
2 maybe 3 cups a day. The Lidl Nespresso pods are about 17p each so about 50p per day.

DiabeticDadUK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All HELP now that i am doing LCHF and having coffee with cream thought i would treat myself to a coffee machine I have seen the Tassimo but never used one Can anyone tell me what they have and what coffee they use Thanks
I love my Tassimo. Really easy to set up and use/maintain. I drink the XL L'or pods. Really good, full mug.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a Krups Espresso machine and a Bialetti Venus stove top maker.

I usually have one quadruple espresso in a mug for breakfast on weekdays, and drink Tea at weekends.