Conflict of interest?

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Hope this is of interest. I am fed up to the back teeth of these scientific trials that are done by interested parties.

Me too!

- "Eating cheese does not raise risk of heart attack or stroke, study finds"

- "The research was part-funded by the three pro-dairy groups – Global Dairy Platform, Dairy Research Institute and Dairy Australia – but they had no influence over it, the paper said" ;)

I added the winking smiley, but you get the idea. I agree with Bob, don't read them.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...ot-raise-risk-of-heart-attack-or-stroke-study

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
With respect to eating cheese being good for you ...

In this case the study is correct. If you watch Zoe Harcombe videos on the dietary guidelines for eating fat you will find that there was never any convincing evidence that eating fat causes heart disease. The low fat guidelines in the 1980s let to people eating a low fat, high carb diet (food pyramid) which has led to an epidemic of obesity and diabetes in the general population.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51
A

Avocado Sevenfold

In this case the study is correct. If you watch Zoe Harcombe videos on the dietary guidelines for eating fat you will find that there was never any convincing evidence that eating fat causes heart disease. The low fat guidelines in the 1980s let to people eating a low fat, high carb diet (food pyramid) which has led to an epidemic of obesity and diabetes in the general population.
You are off topic. The thread is about studies being sponsored by interested parties which could lead to a conflict of interest :)

Perhaps start a new thread?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Speaking of fruit and vested interests, I do believe the eat 5 a day advice sprang from the Californian fruit and veg growers associations. I think the figure 5 was plucked from the air.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Speaking of fruit and vested interests, I do believe the eat 5 a day advice sprang from the Californian fruit and veg growers associations. I think the figure 5 was plucked from the air.
LOL Quite possibly! The one-size-fits-all aspect sounds a bit dodgy.

Reactions: Bluetit1802
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Looks like we blinked and it went up to 10 a day! I can't see a funding conflict with this one but who knows.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Me too!

- "Eating cheese does not raise risk of heart attack or stroke, study finds"

- "The research was part-funded by the three pro-dairy groups – Global Dairy Platform, Dairy Research Institute and Dairy Australia – but they had no influence over it, the paper said" ;)

I added the winking smiley, but you get the idea. I agree with Bob, don't read them.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...ot-raise-risk-of-heart-attack-or-stroke-study
Now, you know we should be selective when we're complaining over conflicts of interest! ;)

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Always check who funds the research and be prepared to bin it.
I don't know, even I probably wouldn't bin a good mature cheddar, regardless of who paid to tell me it was a miracle food.
Just not grated and sprinkled over everything!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
With respect to eating cheese being good for you ...

In this casubstituted tudy is correct. If you watch Zoe Harcombe videos on the dietary guidelines for eating fat you will find that there was never any convincing evidence that eating fat causes heart disease. The low fat guidelines in the 1980s let to people eating a low fat, high carb diet (food pyramid) which has led to an epidemic of obesity and diabetes in the general population.
I have just read the email concerning the AHA Report trying to convince us that coconut oil and natural fats should be substituted for processed oils. The mind truly boggles.

Dark Horse

I have just read the email concerning the AHA Report trying to convince us that coconut oil and natural fats should be substituted for processed oils. The mind truly boggles.
If you're talking about "Dietary Fats and Cardiovascular Disease: A Presidential Advisory From the American Heart Association", I think it says almost the opposite of what you're saying.In the 'Conclusions and Recommendations' section it says:-
  • "Evidence has accumulated during the past several years that strengthens long-standing AHA recommendations to replace saturated fat with polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat to lower the incidence of CVD. Reduction in total dietary fat or a goal for total fat intake is not recommended." http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/early/2017/06/15/CIR.0000000000000510 (download pdf to read full article)
In other words, it recommends that, to lower the incidence of CVD, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat should be substituted for saturated fat.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The AHA - supported by their fake "heart healthy" ticks and the soy bean industry ;)

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
DC8-tdUUAAAVisa.jpg